DoD SkillBridge Internship – Client Service Manager (CSM) – Indianapolis
This opportunity is unique to active-duty US Military Service members with formal approval to participate in a SkillBridge Internship as a Client Service Manager, in collaboration with Vets2PM’s authorized DoD SkillBridge program.
Desired Military Experience, Backgrounds and/or Aptitude:
Civil Engineering (HVAC & Electrician)
Automation/Integration Technicians & Specialists
Fire Control Navaids
Submarine Electronics/Computer Techs
Avionics Systems & more!
About our Smart Buildings:
Because we spend 90% of our lives in buildings, they should be perfect places for all we do. Smart buildings enhance the experience. Interacting with people, systems, and ambient elements, they learn from experience and real-time input. Using intelligent control, security, and energy management systems, we help factories and offices better support the industries they house. We help schools, hospitals, data centers, and military bases have a great impact – all while increasing comfort, efficiency, resilience, and safety. Our Smart Buildings help to create efficient, safe, responsive, and responsible environments. Our aim isn’t just about improving buildings; it’s about creating perfect places that improve peoples’ lives.
Our Three Main Business Groups:
Building Automation: HVAC Controls, Lighting Controls, and Mechanical/Electrical Services
Fire/Life Safety: Fire Alarm, Mass/Emergency Communication, and Sprinkler/Suppression
Security: Integrated Surveillance and Access Controls
- Works with the customer to develop service delivery plans to ensure on-time delivery of the scope of services for all assigned service agreements
- Effectively coordinate with internal Siemens resources to define complete service agreement maintenance plans, master schedule of services and continued updated of customers installed base information
- Manage service agreement financial performance and customer satisfaction
- Support Siemens service strategy. Collaborate effectively with sales to develop account strategies to drive Siemens Digital Services to achieve customer’s business goals, leveraging all of Siemens’ service and product portfolios
- Identify customer needs and makes prioritized technical recommendations for service agreements adds, T&M projects, and non-installed part sales
- Lead Quality Assurance activities and activities that will support the service agreement renewal process
· U.S. Military experience as an E4 or above (Navy, Air Force, Army, Marines, Coast Guard, Space Force, National Guard, Reserves)
- High school diploma or state-recognized GED required; Associates or Bachelor’s degree preferred
- (Automation specific) Experience in demand side energy services or Certified Energy Manager preferred
- (Fire specific) NICET Level 1 certification preferred
- (Security specific) Physical Security Professional ASIS certification preferred
- Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills
- Familiarity or experience with engineering HVAC, Building Automation, Fire Alarm, or Security systems
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and business software systems
- Good verbal and written communication skills in English
- Qualified applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States
- Must be 21 years of age and possess a valid driver’s license with limited violations
This position may support Siemens’ customers who require all employees and vendors to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 where permitted by applicable law and in accordance with an accommodation based on legally protected reasons.
Why work for Siemens as a SkillBridge Intern?
You will gain hands-on experience during your internship and will have the opportunity to join (upon successful completion of the internship) one of the world's largest and best-known companies as acknowledged in 2022 by:
Fortune: World's Most Admired Companies
Forbes: America's Best Large Employers, America's Best Employers for Diversity, and Best Employers for New Graduates
Fast Company: Most Innovative Companies and World Changing Ideas Awards
Corporate Equality Index: Best Places to Work for LGBTQ+ Equality
We offer our full-time employees (post-SkillBridge) an excellent benefits/compensation package, growth/learning/development opportunities, and a diverse/inclusive culture where everyone plays their part and makes an impact for our team and our customers.
Midwest Branch Locations:
Chicago, IL (Rolling Meadows)
Saint Louis, MO
Detroit, MI (Plymouth)
Grand Rapids, MI (Wyoming)
Kansas City, KS (Lenexa)
Minneapolis, MN (Shoreview)
Des Moines, IA (Johnston)
Cedar Rapids, IA
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Early Professional
Full / Part time: Full-Time temporary
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.