Country:United States of America
Location:HND01: Interiors (Cargo) - Jamestown 2604 Highway 20 North, Jamestown, ND, 58401 USA
Position Role Type:Onsite
2nd Shift Hours: 4PM-2:50AM
- Demonstrate an ability to perform satisfactory work with minimum supervision.
- Perform machining setups and make adjustments to setups as required without supervision
- Perform inspection of work produced.
- Show a continued interest in good housekeeping and safety practices.
- Develop awareness for support groups.
- Engage in CI activities
- Must adhere to all EH & S regulations and policies as well as attend related training courses.
- Follow the EH & S roles and responsibilities in accordance with the Cargo Policy MP5322.
- Reads and interprets drawings, sketches and blueprints and be able to interpret Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerances
- Sets up and operates machine shop equipment, e.g., mills, lathes, drill presses, etc., to mill material and drill holes according to specifications without supervision.
- Inspects and measures completed projects with micrometers, calipers, Vernier’s, etc., to ensure conformance to specifications.
- Ability to use Coordinate Measuring Machines (CMM)
- Completion of certified operator program
- Able to perform all SPC functions and keep all required documents up to date.
- Working knowledge of machine control languages.
- High usage of all company data collection mechanisms (dispatches, datapass, autotime, WinSPC,)
- Conduct self quality audits / perform first piece inspections and subsequent inspections on all work.
- Ensure preventive maintenance schedules are completed with TPM boards kept up-to-date.
- Maintains a neat and well-organized work area.
- Enages in CI activities associated with their work area. (TPM, Heijunka, Standard Work, SMED)
- Performs other duties as directed.
- Should have a working knowledge of a wide variety of cutting tools such as but not limited to mills, drills, carbide inserts, and variety of tool steels.
- Familiarity with MP 9001 Quality Policy Manual
- Blueprint Reading
- Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerances
- Shop Math / Advanced Metrology
- Continuous Improvement (TPM, Heinjunka, Standard Work, SMED)
- HS diploma with a minimum of 1 year of relevant experience. In the absence of a HS diploma or GED, 3 years of relevant experience is required.
- Must be authorized to work in the U.S. without sponsorship now or in the future. Collins Aerospace will not offer sponsorship for this position.
Collins Aerospace, a Raytheon Technologies company, is a leader in technologically advanced and intelligent solutions for the global aerospace and defense industry. Collins Aerospace has the capabilities, comprehensive portfolio, and expertise to solve customers’ toughest challenges and to meet the demands of a rapidly evolving global market.
At Collins Aerospace, our Interiors team is focused on innovation, safety and cost efficiency. But we don’t just get people from point A to point B. We’re committed to making air travel more comfortable, connected and secure. As a leader in aviation interior products and services, we’re helping airlines and original equipment manufacturers create a positive experience for their customers. With offices and manufacturing facilities in more than 12 states across the U.S. and more than 10 countries around the globe, we’re changing the game of aircraft interiors. Are you ready to join our team?
Collins Aerospace Diversity & Inclusion Statement:
Diversity drives innovation; inclusion drives success. We believe a multitude of approaches and ideas enable us to deliver the best results for our workforce, workplace, and customers. We are committed to fostering a culture where all employees can share their passions and ideas so we can tackle the toughest challenges in our industry and pave new paths to limitless possibility.
WE ARE REDEFINING AEROSPACE.
Onsite: Employees who are working in Onsite roles will work primarily onsite. This includes all production and maintenance employees, as they are essential to the development of our products.
Some of our competitive benefits package includes:
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Three weeks of vacation for newly hired employees
- Generous 401(k) plan that includes employer matching funds and separate employer retirement contribution, including a Lifetime Income Strategy option
- Tuition reimbursement program
- Student Loan Repayment Program
- Life insurance and disability coverage
- Optional coverages you can buy: pet insurance, home and auto insurance, additional life and accident insurance, critical illness insurance, group legal, ID theft protection
- Birth, adoption, parental leave benefits
- Ovia Health, fertility, and family planning
- Adoption Assistance
- Autism Benefit
- Employee Assistance Plan, including up to 10 free counseling sessions
- Healthy You Incentives, wellness rewards program
- Doctor on Demand, virtual doctor visits
- Bright Horizons, child and elder care services
- Teladoc Medical Experts, second opinion program
- And more!
Nothing matters more to Collins Aerospace than our strong ethical and safety commitments. As such, all U.S. positions require a background check, which may include a drug screen.
- Background check and drug screen required (every external new hire in the U.S.)
- Drug Screen only performed on re-hires who have been gone for more than 1 year
RTX is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms