Kiva (kiva.org) is an international nonprofit with a mission to expand financial access to help underserved communities thrive. We run a global marketplace platform to crowdfund microloans for financially excluded entrepreneurs, farmers and students around the world. Through Kiva Capital, we serve as a bridge between large scale impact first investors and underserved populations. Our digital identity platform enables borrowers who don’t have a track record with traditional financial institutions to record and verify their financial history and gain access to less costly mainstream financial markets.
Our organization combines the culture and technological passion of an internet start-up with the compassion and empathy of a non-profit to create impact and opportunity at global scale. Since 2005, we have raised more than $1.66 billion in loan capital for 4.1 million borrowers in 77 countries. Our lenders fund over $10 million in loans every month. With offices in San Francisco, Portland, New York, Nairobi, and Bangkok, Kiva's team includes 100+ employees and 400+ volunteers worldwide. Our team is growing as we pursue exciting new opportunities to create a financially inclusive world.Kiva's values:
Impact first - This is why we exist. This is the drumbeat we march to. Every day.
Extreme ownership - Own it; you, your relationships, your impact. Insist that others support you and hold you accountable.
Be curious and bold - Never stop learning. Question assumptions. Take Risks and dream big.
Inclusion. Equity. Diversity. - Without reservation and without caveat. In our hiring, in our workplace and in our impact in the world.
Honor and integrity - Do the most right thing in the most right way. Cherish diversity and respect each other.
Love and kindness always - Say what you mean. Mean what you say. And don't say it mean. Clarity. Courage. Kindness.
Kiva's Impact Investments team works with investees from all over the world, including lending partners who fundraise on Kiva.org, as well as investees accepting debt financing from funds managed by Kiva’s traditional impact investing arm, Kiva Capital Management. The team is responsible for sourcing, monitoring and managing relationships with investees, onboarding and training new partners, and ensuring that all funding relationships are compliant with relevant policies and aligned with Kiva's social mission and strategic focus. The Impact Investments team includes staff based in the US, Colombia, Kenya, and Thailand, who manage Kiva’s investment relationships in every region of the world. We are looking for a talented and highly motivated professional to join our team.
This Investment Manager role will be responsible for sourcing, developing, and supporting Kiva’s partnership-based impact investments, with a focus on countries in Latin America. In addition to prospecting and due diligence of new investments, this role onboards, trains, and facilitates support for partners to ensure compliance with Kiva’s policies and the effective and efficient use of Kiva’s systems. The ideal candidate is a flexible and positive team player who is passionate about Kiva’s mission and is able to design creative solutions to challenging problems. This role will be based in Bogotá, Colombia and will report to the Senior Investment Manager.
Please submit your resume and cover letter in English.
- Relationship Management — Develop strong relationships with potential and existing investees.
- Investment Monitoring — In collaboration with team members, monitor assigned Investments (both remotely and in person), including risk, financial performance, social performance, and compliance with Kiva policies and covenants.
- Business Development — Develop a network to source and recruit new impact investments, with an emphasis on achieving impact at scale. Screen potential investments and review applications.
- Due Diligence — Conduct desk and on-site due diligence of potential Investments to assess prospects’ financial and social performance. Present potential Investments for approval by the Investment Committee.
- Deal Structuring — Participate in negotiations on Investment terms and conditions with the goal of maximizing impact at scale while ensuring Kiva remains efficient and sustainable.
- Technical and Operational Support — Assist in onboarding new Investees, act as liaison, communicate Kiva policy to these Investees and update Kiva stakeholders on new developments and/or issues. Country/Region Expertise — Provide Kiva with expert guidance on local market conditions in key markets where Kiva manages significant Investment volume.
- Strategic Partnerships — Manage active relationships with other funders of assigned Investees; seek out co-investment opportunities where possible.
- Documentation — Support drafting and review of transaction documentation of new Investments with the legal department.
- Technical experience with lending/investing in private companies, including financial statement analysis.
- 5+ years of work experience in Investment Management, Finance, International Business, Economic Development, or related role.
- Full professional fluency in Spanish and English required; Portuguese a big plus.
- Experience investing in, or working professionally in, countries in Latin America.
- Bachelor’s degree required; advanced degree a plus.
- Flexible and willing to adjust schedules in order to work across varying time zones.
- Able to travel 20% of the time and to adapt to the various work environments travel presents.
- Effective while working remotely.
- Strong communication skills, including the ability to tailor communications to a wide variety of audiences and stakeholders, across multiple cultures.
- Ability to network extensively and manage relationships effectively.
- Ability to manage time well and prioritize across competing tasks.
- Tech savvy. Proficient in office software and adept at learning and using technology platforms.
This position is based in Bogota, CO.
What we offer:
- An opportunity to improve real lives, solve hard problems, and change the world
- Friendly, supportive, and adventurous environment with a team of engaged colleagues
- A comprehensive, industry-leading benefits package including health, dental and vision insurance, parental leave, professional development, 401k matching, generous PTO, and more.
- Opportunities to connect with and learn from colleagues and partners around the world
- Salary range: $48K - $65K for Bogota, CO; a final offer will be dependent upon a candidate’s location, skills and experience.
A diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other is an integral part of Kiva's culture. We actively welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and a great place to work. Join us and help us achieve our mission!
We will only accept applications directly from candidates. Kiva will not be responsible for any recruiting agency fees, absent a formal agreement.