We’re looking for skilled software test engineers and analysts who have what it takes to perform quality assurance testing and manage the release of ArcGIS, one of the world’s most sophisticated GIS software systems. Starting day one you will participate in the release of hybrid software applications and native applications that run on various platforms such as web, native mobile, and desktop.Responsibilities
- Participate in the release of high-quality software; certify the overall quality of the system and ensure each release is ready to ship
- Work closely with product development teams to identify, prioritize, and ensure key issues are fixed for a release
- Support internal staff and external customers in addressing issues related to released software
- Continually update release methods based on rapidly changing technology
- Perform daily testing, analysis, investigation, and identification of software problems
- Report daily on the quality and stability of the software system
- Knowledge of or experience in the software development process and software release cycle
- 2+ years of experience with QA processes, commercial test frameworks, test design strategies, writing test plans/test cases, and automating tests
- Experience in software testing on web apps and/or mobile apps
- Experience with multiple platforms and/or mobile devices (Windows, UNIX/Linux, iPhone, Android, MacOS, Windows Mobile, and more)
- All the other important things that will help you be successful at Esri: good communication skills, a team player who can also fly solo, and the ability to thrive in an environment that changes often
- Bachelor’s in information technology, GIS, computer science, or related field
- Experience using one or more of the following scripting languages, application development languages, automation tools, or web programming frameworks
- Visual Basic, .NET, Java, C#, C++
- Selenium, Test Complete, and Junit
- XCode, Android Studio, Eclipse, Cucumber
- Familiarity with GIS and/or the ArcGIS platform
- Knowledge of or experience in releasing mobile apps to stores
- Experience with software localization testing and/or software licensing
- Master’s in information technology, GIS, computer science, or related field
Our passion for improving quality of life through geography is at the heart of everything we do. Esri’s geographic information system (GIS) technology inspires and enables governments, universities, and businesses worldwide to save money, lives, and our environment through a deeper understanding of the changing world around them.
Esri is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address.
Esri’s competitive total rewards strategy includes industry-leading health and welfare benefits: medical, dental, vision, basic and supplemental life insurance for employees (and their families), 401(k) and profit-sharing programs, minimum accrual of 80 hours of vacation leave, twelve paid holidays throughout the calendar year, and opportunities for personal and professional growth. Base salary is one component of our total rewards strategy. Compensation decisions and the base range for this role take into account many factors including but not limited to skill sets; experience and training; licensure and certifications; and other business and organizational needs.
A reasonable estimate of the base salary range is $ $70,720.00- $ $112,320.00