Pluralsight is the technology workforce development company that helps teams build better products by knowing more and working better together. Using our Skills and Flow products, teams can develop critical skills, improve processes and gain insights through data.
We build this exciting product ecosystem by working with smart people and uniting behind a passion for what tech can create. We’re a group of good-natured, nimble go-getters dedicated to helping people and businesses build better with technology. That means when we see opportunities to create, we go for it. We don’t let the unknown stop us from solving challenges and winning together. And most importantly, we treat each other like adults. If you can see possibilities where others see problems, have candid conversations to ensure all voices are heard and thrive in a collaborative environment, you’ll do some of the best work of your career here.
Pluralsight is looking for a Senior Manager, Product Security to support develop, champion, and progress the security and privacy of our product services and systems.
This role will join the other Engineering leaders and security experts at Pluralsight, who lead engineers building and operating features, products, and services used by hundreds of millions of people around the world. This is an opportunity to do outstanding while improving the security, privacy, resilience, scalability, and maintainability of one of leading Tech Skills platforms in the world.
The scope includes maintaining and driving Pluralsight's overall Application security hardening tools and processes, defensive coding practices, product security incident response team. This is a hands-on leadership position that encourages and leads an outstanding engineering and security team that are responsible for secure development practices, Shift Left strategy, code scanning (Static/Dynamic), DevSecOps automation, security hardening, reporting, and implementing cybersecurity design requirements across the technical stack in a manner that meets Pluralsight's internal cybersecurity standard, regulatory and other compliance requirements. As a leader in the Engineering organization, you will work proactively with the various cybersecurity partners, business units, and product development organizations to detect and drive application and platform security remediation to keep our assets protected and secure.
Who you’re committed to being:
- Develop and implement product security policies, standards, and guidelines across the organization
- Work with engineering, product management, and security teams to identify potential security risks, vulnerabilities in our products and platform
- Develop and manage the product security roadmap to address identified security risks and vulnerabilities
What you’ll own:
- Conduct security assessments and vulnerability testing to identify, plan and remediate potential risks
- Engage with business leaders across all functions to influence and build the right security solutions to lower risk while focusing on minimal impact to business operations.
- Collaborate with legal and compliance teams to ensure products and services comply with regulatory requirements and industry standards
- Develop and deliver product security training and awareness programs to promote a culture of security within the organization..!
- Stay up-to-date with emerging security trends and technologies to ensure the organization remains ahead of potential security threats
- Lead a team of product security experts and provide leadership and mentorship to team members..!
Experience you’ll need:
- BS or MS in related industry/field or equivalent experience (Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Information Systems).
- 12+ years of experience in product security or a related field
- Experience leading product security teams and implementing security programs
- Solid understanding of security concepts and technologies, including encryption, network security, authentication, and access control
- Experience working with security standards and regulations such as ISO 27001, NIST, PCI-DSS, and GDPR
- Ability to communicate effectively at all levels of technical and functional teams across the business
- Experience working in an agile development environment
- Industry certifications such as CISSP, CISM, or CISA are a plus.
Our Perks & Benefits include:
Competitive salary and meaningful benefits
Fully funded comprehensive medical & dental coverage including OPD for you and your family
Open vacation policy
Stay active with our wellness program that allows you to expense your gym membership and other sports activities
Bring yourself. Pluralsight is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age or veteran status.