Position Title: Operations Manager – Factory Expansion Project
Location: Grand Prairie, TX
This position reports to Electrical Products US Operations Director. The successful candidate will interface with internal customers/suppliers to execute a high-level complexity project. Being present on site particularly during execution/construction is a must. Work travel will be required. Some virtual/remote work may be possible during planning phase.
- Project manager for highly visible project in Dallas/FW area.
- Will coordinate all efforts related but not limited to construction project with architects and Siemens Real Estate, supply chain development with procurement, SAP systems and master data, hourly and salary planning/hiring/training, production equipment procurement/installation/commissioning, production ramp up plans, factory/warehouse layout planning and execution, IT and digital infrastructure, etc.
- Demonstrate ownership of project with minimal intervention from upper management.
- Creates and manages project timelines, budget, detailed activity lists.
- Coordinate communication with stakeholders through regular meetings, documentation, project progress reporting, platform progress reporting.
- Provide budgetary summaries and reconciliation support to the stakeholders.
- Coordinate deliveries of equipment and material with project site
- Support Operations and construction team on procurement activities
- Serve as the escalation point for complex issues and challenges.
- Collaborate with internal and external stakeholders to drive improvements to project timeline and budget.
- Develops risk mitigation plans to preempt potential problems through the application of concepts, techniques, knowledge, processes, and lessons learned.
- Applies skills to resolve complex problems to ensure successful delivery of projects pursuant to customer deliverables.
- Displays a high level of critical thinking in bringing successful resolution to high-impact, complex and/or cross-functional problems.
- Complies with Siemens policies and procedures.
Required Knowledge & Skills:
- BS/BA, BS in engineering preferred, related field or equivalent
- Experience commensurate with position profile and 10+ years including direct industry experience.
- Experience with the application of concepts of project management.
- Maintains excellent organizational skills to store critical company and contractors files including Emails, Purchase Agreements, Contracts, Project Schedules, Meeting Minutes, Submittal documents
- Demonstrates and applies leadership skills
- Demonstrate and applies strong interpersonal, negotiating and influencing skills.
Project Manager must possess the following capabilities:
- Resourcefulness: Exhibit creative ways to make things happen with less authority and fewer resources
- Achievement & Results Orientation: Able to identify complex problems, analyze options, and reach positive, effective, and practical solutions
- Industry Knowledge: Understands dealings with our suppliers and contractors, is aware of risks of delays and chain effects on project’s schedule, makes key managers aware of and works to mitigate delays and over expenses with equipment manufacturers, general contractors, sub-contractors, and Siemens internal groups.
- Communication: Effectively and timely communicates across functional areas to make stakeholders aware of progress, risks, budget situation, risks and decisions needed to be made.
- Accountability & Responsibility for Results: Understand the difference between fault and responsibility throughout the life of the project and accept ultimate accountability for project results.
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Full / Part time: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.