Location:Goodrich Actuation Systems Limited, Stafford Road, Wolverhampton, WV10 7EH
Position Role Type:Unspecified
What do we offer?
- Competitive salary
- Company performance bonus scheme
- Pension scheme- up to 10% employer contribution
- Private medical insurance
- 25 days annual leave + bank holidays
- Flexible benefits programme (buy & sell holiday allowance, discounted gym memberships etc)
- Structured training & opportunities to progress
- Ability to join ERGs (employee resource groups), participate in community projects & much more!
What does the role look like?
Working directly for the Engineering Manager, the Integrated Project Team Lead (IPTL) will provide the primary technical interface between Operations, Supply Chain and Engineering internally and externally with customers and suppliers.
This is both a practical and technically challenging role that will require good communication skills and the ability to make decisions quickly. The ability to coordinate specialist expertise across the business will be key to success in this position.
Providing project leadership to specific Military projects within the Integrated Project Team (IPT), working alongside the Chief Engineer and Programme Manager, you will be the customer point of contact for all engineering subjects.
You will drive prioritisation and task allocation within engineering, liaising with other functions. You will also maintain compliance with safety, regulatory and specification requirements in collaboration with the Chief Engineer. Finally, you will report metrics, programme status and define short-term and long-term plans for the IPT.
What will your day-to-day responsibilities look like?
Key activities include:
- Providing planning and prioritisation of engineering tasks within the IPT in collaboration with programme management.
- Maintaining and providing advance notice of resource requirements in collaboration with functional managers.
- Supporting business development activities including, but not limited to cost estimation, resource needs, documenting assumptions.
- Liaison with suppliers, both internal and external across all functions.
- Capturing, reporting and acting on standard project management metrics, such as EVMS and qualitative and quantitative quality metrics.
- Supporting cost reduction activities and scrap reduction initiatives.
- Providing signatory approval for engineering technical documents, ECRs and concessions.
- Hosting internal engineering reviews and present to senior engineering leadership on the status of each project.
- Attending programme reviews and report status of project.
- Attending customer reviews and report status of projects. Acting as the voice of the customer for engineering.
What will you bring to the role?
Preferably a mechanical or electrical engineering background with the following attributes:
- Knowledge of Hydro-mechanical and Electro-mechanical systems and products
- Knowledge of Configuration Management
- Knowledge of Teamcenter and Catia v5/Nx
- Good statistical and analytical skills
- Ability to be able to represent the Company in technical reviews with customers
- Understanding of CORE tools and how they apply to problem solving
- Degree or equivalent (preferably Mechanical or Aerospace Engineering)
- Project Management skills
- Good communication skills and the ability to work with staff at all levels across the organisation.
- The ability to work independently and prioritise tasks, whilst also having the ability to work collaboratively, driving prioritisation and influencing others
- Team management experience
- Experience of working with a range of different customers, with differing priorities and approaches
Collins Aerospace, a Raytheon Technologies company, is a leader in technologically advanced and intelligent solutions for the global aerospace and defence industry. Collins Aerospace has the capabilities, comprehensive portfolio and expertise to solve customers’ toughest problems and to meet the demands of a rapidly evolving global market.
Diversity drives innovation; inclusion drives success. We believe a multitude of approaches and ideas enable us to deliver the best results for our workforce, workplace, and customers. We believe a multitude of approaches and ideas enable us to deliver the best results for our workforce, workplace, and customers. We are committed to fostering a culture where all employees can share their passions and ideas so we can tackle the toughest challenges in our industry and pave new paths to limitless possibility.
Apply now and be part of the team that’s redefining aerospace, every day.
Please note that potential candidates will be subject to Baseline Personnel Security Standard (BPSS) and background checks and that project access restrictions may apply to some nationalities.
RTX is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms