ESG Solutions Director, Japan
We have an exciting opportunity for a sustainable solutions specialist to join Sustainable1, the S&P Global team that promotes the sustainability solutions across data, analytics, reporting, indices, credit and ratings, commodity benchmarking, based in Tokyo. You strive to be a thought leader for sustainability solutions and want to work with clients across investment management, banking, corporates, academics, regulators, and exchanges. You will be part of a very specialized, highly talented global team. S&P Global provides industry leading solutions for ESG and Climate Change analysis. The team aims to create powerful, positive societal change and help the world transition to a more sustainable, low carbon economy. As a key element in the ESG Solutions team in Japan you desire to see the business grow and generate strong revenue growth.
• Co-Develop and execute on a plan to increase adoption of S&P Global ESG solutions across Japanese clients.
• Collaborate with S&P Global divisions to deliver excellent client service and deliver strong growth in ESG solutions.
• Represent the business at meetings with prospective clients, effectively diagnosing their needs and conveying our ESG value proposition
• Educate internal teams and clients on the benefits of disclosure and integration of ESG solutions in their processes, answer technical questions on ESG data and reports, ESG indices, ratings and energy transition solutions.
• Work with our marketing team to create and deliver regionally relevant thought leadership (white papers, speaking at events and presentations).
• Write proposals; plan and prepare presentations
- 8+ year’s of relevant work experience
- Understanding of ESG and the sustainability industry, industry groups, regulation
- Results oriented, with a positive, solutions-driven mindset
- Team player, capacity to collaborate and initiate partnerships across teams is essential
- Technical knowledge in the field of sustainability, such as Carbon Emissions, Physical Risk, ESG Scores
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including confidence presenting to large groups at public forums
- Ability to write compelling, articulate proposals for innovative solutions.
- Excellent business acumen, good negotiation skills and persuasiveness
- Personable, and enjoy networking and meeting new people
- A sharp intellect, commercial acumen, creative approach to problem solving in a new and innovative industry and an entrepreneurial attitude are important.
- Fluent written and spoken Japanese (native level) and English
• Understand how financial markets operate, with experience in banking / investment management / financial services.
• Understand how financial institutions evaluate and incorporate ESG and climate issues in their decision-making and the organizations involved (e.g. NGFS, PCAF, TCFD, UNPRI)
• Understand some of the following: portfolio carbon foot printing and accounting across asset classes, ESG risk and opportunity analysis by investors, TCFD reporting, use of environmental data for financial products (funds and indices), sustainability solutions for banking clients, green bonds.
• Experience working on or servicing a responsible investment/ESG or sustainability team
• Motivated by commercial objectives
• Experience speaking and presenting to large groups of people and executive audiences
About S&P Global Sustainable1: S&P Global Sustainable1 is the central source for sustainability intelligence from S&P Global. Sustainable1 matches customers with the ESG products insights and solutions from across S&P Global divisions to help meet their unique needs. Our comprehensive coverage across global markets combined with in-depth ESG intelligence provides financial institutions, corporations and governments an unmatched level of clarity and confidence to successfully navigate the transition to a sustainable future. Our data and well-informed point of view on critical topics like energy transition, climate resilience, positive impact and sustainable finance allow us to go deep on the details that define the big picture so customers can make decisions with conviction. To learn more about Sustainable1, visit www.spglobal.com/sustainable1.
Personal development, S&P sponsor our employees to spend time building their skills and knowledge on areas that are of personal interest and that can be beneficial to the business over the long term. We want our people to develop and stay for a long time. Examples include training in consultative selling techniques, external qualifications, and certifications in topics such as ESG as the market evolves, all the way through to MBA’s.
The Workplace, we would like to encourage you to apply if you thrive in an environment that supports flexible working, we have adapted to a hybrid model and will continue this path in the future with the ability to work remotely and within the offices that we have throughout the United States.
Employee Resource Groups, developing a diverse workforce is one way we ensure our collective success. We support eight Employee Resource Groups dedicated to engaging and empowering diverse groups at S&P Global. You can find more information here: https://www.spglobal.com/en/who-we-are/diversity-equity-inclusion/people-resource-groups/
S&P Global has a Securities Disclosure and Trading Policy (“the Policy”) that seeks to mitigate conflicts of interest by monitoring and placing restrictions on personal securities holding and trading. The Policy is designed to promote compliance with global regulations. In some Divisions, pursuant to the Policy’s requirements, candidates at S&P Global may be asked to disclose securities holdings. Some roles may include a trading prohibition and remediation of positions when there is an effective or potential conflict of interest. Employment at S&P Global is contingent upon compliance with the Policy.
Equal Opportunity Employer
S&P Global is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race/ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, military veteran status, unemployment status, or any other status protected by law. Only electronic job submissions will be considered for employment.
If you need an accommodation during the application process due to a disability, please send an email to: EEO.Compliance@spglobal.com and your request will be forwarded to the appropriate person.
US Candidates Only: The EEO is the Law Poster http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf describes discrimination protections under federal law.
Job ID: 281821
Posted On: 2023-11-22
Location: Tokyo, Japan