Siemens Mobility is adding a Coach Flow Line Manufacturing Manager to our diverse, high performing team who will join our growing factory in beautiful and affordable Sacramento where we manufacture passenger coaches, locomotives and light rail vehicles. In this role you will be responsible to manage the high paced assembly flow line team working across three shifts. We are looking for someone who can take this team to new levels; improving the shop floor safety, improving product quality, reducing TAKT times, standardizing work, increasing production output, and reducing overall cost.What you will be doing
• Commit to Zero Harm @ Siemens for the health and safety of all employees
• Live and promote an ownership culture where every employee takes personal responsibility for the company’s success
• Build a team that is capable of sustainably reaching our production targets
• Develop manufacturing plans to achieve requirements of master production schedule, and execute those plans while meeting safety, quality and cost targets
• Develop annual department budgets, execute operations, and monitor performance against targets
• Collaborate with other production managers to share best practices and drive continuous improvement through lean manufacturing and 6S principles
• Interface with Project Managers to provide progress updates on schedule, cost & quality. Clearly communicate areas where additional support is required
• Track and manage production performance. Identify constraints then develop and implement effective countermeasures
• Identify the root cause of defects then implement measures & initiatives for defect reduction
• Manage and develop several teams across three shifts. Conduct bi-annual employee performance reviews. Plan, monitor and document the training & development of manufacturing employees, including continuous feedback outside of reviews
• Coordinate with support functions (Quality, Engineering, Scheduling, Procurement) and internal customers to ensure the entire team is aligned & working together to solve problems and meet commitmentsWhat you will need to be successful:
• Ten years of production supervision experience
• Experience implementing changes in a manufacturing environment to improve safety, quality, schedule and cost
• Effective coaching, leadership, communication and team-building skills for hourly workforce
• Ability to interpret engineering drawings and evaluate parts against drawings
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office toolsWe would be impressed if you had the following:
• Broad knowledge of manufacturing processes including mechanical and electrical assembly
• Experience in Siemens Production System or equivalent Lean manufacturing
• Experience with SAP or similar MRP system
We value our people, and we support their growth and development: Our people are at the center of our work, and we support their development by finding their level of potential development through problem-solving and in collaboration with peers.
We mean what we say, and we commit to our promises: We follow through on our commitments with honesty and integrity
We do more with less: We are a lean organization serving customers who are serving communities of people.
We are principles-based, not rules-based: We make decisions based on what we believe is best for our people and the communities we serve as opposed to adhering to a prescriptive set of immovable practices.
We value diversity and strive to be inclusive in our work, both for our customer and our team members: We believe in the importance of investing in employees in alignment with our values and honoring every individual story and unique path.
While we appreciate all applications, we advise that only candidates under consideration will be contacted.
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the Unites States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States. Siemens offers a variety of health and wellness benefits to employees. Details regarding our benefits can be found here: https://www.benefitsquickstart.com/siemens/index.html. Siemens offers a variety of health and wellness benefits to employees. Details regarding our benefits can be found here: https://www.benefitsquickstart.com/siemens/index.html.
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: Siemens Mobility, Inc
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Full / Part time: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.