We're Siemens Smart Infrastructure, and we're passionate about creating a sustainable future by connecting the real world with the digital world. As our Regional Sales Head - WEST, you'll lead our go-to-market strategy and drive growth by developing innovative sales strategies, establishing strategic alliances, and building a superior sales organization.
As a member of our team, you'll enjoy excellent benefits like health/vision/dental plans, a matching 401K, flexible vacation, educational assistance, paid parental leave, and more. You'll also have the opportunity to contribute to our social responsibility initiatives and be part of exciting and innovative projects.
We believe in an ownership culture, where every employee takes personal responsibility for our company's success. We invest in our team members and offer a wide variety of development opportunities.
Join us in creating a better tomorrow through sustainable infrastructure and innovative solutions.
For the right candidate we will offer relocation, however, if hired, the successful candidate shall live in the defined Western sales region – Montana, Wyoming, Colorado, Arizona, California, Utah, Idaho, Oregon, and Washington. Candidate must be willing to travel 35%-50% throughout the region.
What general skills and capabilities will you need to be successful?
- In-depth experience translating and executing strategies to grow sales in assigned region.
- Leading vs managing mentality (i.e. drive empowerment, accountability, diversity, inclusion, engagement).
- History of championing and executing transformational leadership inclusive of change management.
- Challenge vs Maintain mindset - (e.g. processes, systems, org design, go-to-market approach).
- Ability to drive and deliver results in a dynamic matrixed environment.
- Experience growing sales through innovation balancing both short and long term objectives.
- Sales leadership with strong customer orientation specific to electrical contractors, general contractors, consultants, and OEM’s
- Strategic big picture thinking with collaborative approach.
- Lead a sales team optimizing sales strategies to accelerate growth and profitability.
- Nurture intimate and trusting relationships with key internal & external stakeholders.
- Foster collaboration with other sales teams for maximum account coverage and penetration in adjacent market segments.
- Proactively work across other Siemens organizations to leverage complimentary resources, solutions and or channels to obtain profitable growth and market share.
- Capitalize on emerging market opportunities and support growth in alternative channels.
- Provide leadership and actively drive sales efficiency/process excellence in partnership with BU Business Development organizations and other support teams.
- Establish strategic alliances outside the organization to develop market opportunities.
- Build a competitively high performing sales organization by attracting, developing, and retaining talent.
- Drive the organization to think and act in ways that continuously enhance efficiency and effectiveness.
Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience:
1. Bachelor’s degree with 10+ years of proven competence and experience in a sales leadership in the electrical industry.
2. Proven track record of success operating with multiple channels to market including distributors, general contractors, OEM’s, and direct sales that purchase electrical distribution and control products.
3. Strategic leader with excellent understanding of applicable customers, markets, business operations and people.
4. Willing to take measured risk and demonstrate the ability to act with a sense of urgency without sacrificing excellence in customer satisfaction.
5. Leads and proactively drives internal change that delivers compelling message to secure commitment.
6. Inspires and motivates others to deliver results.
7. Driven by impact and fosters a winning spirit.
8. Demonstrates effective communication, presentation, and networking skills at the executive level.
9. Experience in navigating global, highly matrixed organizations including culture and process.
10. Excellent track record of establishing strong customer relationships.
11. Candidate must be willing to travel 35%-50% throughout the region.
Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States without need for current or future employer-sponsored work authorization.
Siemens offers a variety of health and wellness benefits to employees. Details regarding our benefits can be found here: https://www.benefitsquickstart.com/siemens/index.html. The base salary range for this position is $197K - $267K and the annual sales incentive based on annual target.
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Full / Part time: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.