>>THIS IS A REMOTE POSITION<<
Who We Are | Our Culture:
Siemens Smart Infrastructure connects energy systems and buildings to adapt and evolve the way we live and work through high-profile construction and infrastructure projects such as airports, pharmaceutical plants, data centers, stadiums, universities, military bases, and hospitals.
We live and foster an ownership culture, in which every employee takes personal responsibility for our company's success. We trust and empower our leaders to act as owners, direct their teams, and innovate to succeed. We communicate openly and honestly to learn from our failures and celebrate our successes. We recognize individual and team achievements frequently. We invest in our team members, offering a wide variety of internal and external development opportunities.
- The primary role of this position is to provide Energy Management, Operations and Budget support to industrial and commercial clients to include:
- Creating and maintaining tracking models
- Verifying invoices
- Producing reports in a deadline sensitive environment
- Verifying pricing documents for clients in a deadline sensitive environment
- Creating and managing client budgets on an annual, semi-annual or quarterly basis
- Training new and current Operations and Budget team members
- Leading and managing projects with overview from the Operations and Budgets Manager
- Provide an overview of Operational and Budgeting tasks for client tours
- Assigned specific weekly department tasks to review and schedule to ensure all requirements are covered
- Monitor and manage basic site integration tasks
- Monitor energy consumption and imbalances on client energy contracts
- Requires deep knowledge with utility and pipeline operations, tariffs, and how they operate, including supplier processes and protocols
- Requires a high level of client communication in order to project accurate consumption patterns
- Apply operational knowledge to identify vendor billing errors
- Use problem solving skills to resolve billing errors and obtain corrected invoices
- Verification is completed quickly and effectively with no late fees caused by Siemens
- Maintain energy cost tracking models based on energy contracts
- Serve as lead point of contact for small/medium clients with regards to client operations overall and maintain contact at the site level for assigned sites
- Develops a high degree of familiarity with Siemens databases and tools
- Continually reviews and maintains Siemens databases and tools in order to ensure that they are populated with accurate and correct information
- Facilitate plant actions related to transporter/supplier performance requests, during both normal operations and emergency situations
- Execute client fixed price transactions under existing energy contracts
- Provide reports to clients detailing fixed price positions
- Capture and provide details on cost savings and initiatives
- Commodity Services Collaboration: Research and report on market news and regulatory proceedings; determine client impact and communicates to client and internally
- Evaluate existing supply and tariff structure(s) to identify alternatives to meet clients’ needs and enhance value
- Assemble and assist in the development of client presentation materials with supervision
- Provide Energy Buyers with location specific utility, pipeline and balancing requirements during the procurement planning phase
- Create and maintain Standard Operating Procedures (How To) on facilities served by the Operations department
- Complete review and revision of assigned Standard Operating Procedures/processes within Operations and Budget Manager’s assigned timeframe
- Participate on assigned consulting projects
- Participates in the continual reevaluation of current processes and offers suggestions to improve the effectiveness and efficiency of each process.
- Successful commodity management of facilities
- Locations that are managed by the Analyst should be free of penalties
- Negative supply costs minimized through proactive monitoring of supplier actions
- Compliance on Reporting
- Accurate reports are sent in a timely manner prior to established deadlines
- Work on gas or power contract extensions with input from Manager.
- Creates and maintains budget models to develop a fiscal year energy budget for a client defined term for various account and service types (i.e. Electric, Natural Gas, Water, etc.)
- Responsible for the accuracy of all data transmitted to external and internal customers
- Monitor client usage forecasts to be included in budget deliverable
- Works directly with other Siemens groups to provide forward market pricing (including fixed positions) to be applied in final budget deliverable
- Monitor regulatory commissions for proposed rate changes for client vendors to include in budget
- Provides detailed documentation of all assumptions used to create the budget deliverable
- Performs peer quality control check of models to ensure accurate calculation of all inputs and assumptions
- Acts as group lead on Siemens standard escalated budgets
- Coordinates internal timeline of key dates from kickoff to final delivery
- Apply knowledge and database expertise to run extensive queries to provide statistical data to clients and other Siemens groups
- Tenure – Minimum 2 years * of energy industry experience or related experience
- Knowledgeable with energy commodity contracts, hedging and cost management
- Ability to evaluate supplier performance with energy hedging and fuel management
- Ability to use mapping tools to complete energy related research
- Ability to proactively research and resolve issues
- Strong team player
- Strong collaboration skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Strong time management skills
- Very detail oriented
- Proficient in Excel
- Strong verbal & written communication skills
- Ability to work on multiple tasks simultaneously
- Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States without need for current or future employer-sponsored work authorization
*Requirement can be waived at management discretion.
As part of Siemens’ Disaster Recovery plan, should the office be closed due to inclement weather, power/internet outages, etc., employee may be required to work from their residence or another designated location. Laptops and/or other equipment to perform the applicable tasks outlined in this position description will be provided by Siemens.
This job requires being on call after standard business hours as well as some weekend work based on client need and peak need.
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Full / Part time: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.