Technician - Field Service
Our culture believes in POWERING YOUR POTENTIAL. We provide global opportunities to develop your career, make your community a better place and work with today’s most innovative thinkers to solve the world’s toughest problems.
We believe in flexibility for you to explore your passions while making an impact through meaningful work within our inclusive workforce. That is what #LifeAtCummins is all about.
We are seeking a Field Service Technician to join our team based in Alice Springs. This role will focus on the diagnoses and completes repairs to engines at our customer’s site.
In this role, you will make an impact in the following ways:
- Communicate effectively - Developing and delivering multi-mode communications that convey a clear understanding of the unique needs of different audiences.
- Manage complexity - Making sense of complex, high quantity, and sometimes contradictory information to effectively solve problems.
- Build strong customer relationships and delivering customer-centric solutions.
- Self-development - Actively seeking new ways to grow and be challenged using both formal and informal development channels.
- Service Documentation - Create and verify customer, equipment and technical information; captures specific data using required service tools; follows procedures and documents required information in the service management system in order to have an accurate record of the work done.
- Technical Escalation – Obtain product technical issue information and utilizes available resources including data management tools; elevates issues to a higher level of expertise, balancing timeliness of customer response with investigation efforts; captures all troubleshooting steps in the appropriate database in order to ensure seamless transitions and accurate response to ticket resolution in a timely manner.
- Diagnostics Application – Translating customer complaints to develop troubleshooting plan; troubleshoots issue following guided work flows, procedures, specialized equipment such as mechanical and electronic service tools, and diagnoses computer software to isolate failed components to enable a successful repair; validates repair by duplicating complaint to ensure it has been resolved; documents results of troubleshooting in business systems to communicate what has been done for payment and historical tracking.
- Electronic Service Tool Application - Identifies the suite of available hardware and software tools required for a service event; utilizes the appropriate electronic tool set to maintain the product or diagnose and troubleshoot an issue; interprets electronic tool results or recommendations to determine next steps for service resolution.
- Product Repair and Maintenance - Repairs and maintains mechanical/electrical products following guidelines, using required tools within standard repair time to ensure a quality repair; disassembles and assembles engines or power generators following guidelines, using required tools to ensure a clean and organized environment; inspects and replaces parts and components following re-use guidelines to minimize customers cost of ownership; performs progressive damage check following guidelines to restore to pre-failure condition.
- Engine Systems Interactions - Interprets and analyzes the interactions of internal and external electrical and mechanical systems (exhaust, heating, cooling, fuel systems, driveline, aftertreatment, controls, sensors, etc.) by applying tools, service publications (Cummins, Original Equipment Manufacturer) and taking measurements to efficiently and correctly diagnose and repair.
To be successful in this role you will need the following:
- Apprentice Trained Engine Technician (Preferred)
- Vocational diploma from relevant technical institution
- Locally valid driving permit
- This position may require licensing for compliance with export controls or sanctions regulations.
- Significant field service work experience
- Expert level knowledge of and/or experience with engine products
- Customer service experience
- Experience providing technical advice and coaching to more junior technicians (preferred)
- Field Service Mechanical Technician based out of Alice Springs.
At Cummins, we are an equal opportunity employer dedicated to diversity in the workplace. Our policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified persons without regard to race, gender, colour, disability, national origin, age, religion, union affiliation, sexual orientation, veteran status, citizenship, gender identity and/or expression, or other status protected by law.
We are proud to be recognised as a WORK180 Endorsed Employer for All Women. Click here(link to our work180 page: https://au.work180.co/employers/cummins-australia) to check out our Benefits