Working at Atlassian
Atlassians can choose where they work – whether in an office, from home, or a combination of the two. That way, Atlassians have more control over supporting their family, personal goals, and other priorities. We can hire people in any country where we have a legal entity. Interviews and onboarding are conducted virtually, a part of being a distributed-first company.
To help our teams work together effectively, this role requires you to be located in the Pacific Time Zone.
Your future team
We are looking for a Head of Design, Growth (Expansion) to lead a key pillar in the Growth Design team. In this role, you will report into the Head of Design, Growth and join an organization consisting of multiple teams across North America and Australia. You'll lead a team of managers, product designers and content designers all aiming to deliver a better time to value for our customers.
You will partner with other Growth Design teams, and multiple design teams across the company. Together you will create high quality experiences that feel like they came from one set of hands and communicate a strong point of view.
Leading this space means you will focus on expanding our over 250,000 customer base in 190 countries, having direct impact for tens of thousands of customers and millions of users!You'll have the opportunity to:
- Create a strategic growth design practice with your leaders that balances speed and quality of execution
- Demonstrate excellence in using experimentation and data-driven design decision-making
- Advocate the importance of designing for growth across the business
- Work with product managers, engineering and other partners to define the wider Growth strategy
- Lead and inspire a high-performing team of design managers and their reports
- Improve craft quality for all design specializations in your team
- Bring the perspective and needs of Growth design to larger design strategic projects
- Contribute to programs outside of Growth design which improve overall design capability
- Bring 10+ years of experience leading Design growth strategy with teams at scale
- Be a strong storyteller and will have a high degree of influence with all kinds of internal partners
- Have excellent facilitation and collaboration abilities
- Embrace the technical nature of shaping a technical platform and customer experience, not shying away from complex details where they matter
- Are passionate about the craft of growth design
- Have the passion and ability to step into the customer's shoes to ensure customer centricity
- Have experience improving and sustaining design rituals at the org level
- Have experience managing healthy and engaged teams
At Atlassian, we strive to design equitable and explainable compensation programs. To support this goal, the baseline of our range is higher than that of the typical market range, but in turn we expect to hire most candidates near this baseline. Base pay within the range is ultimately determined by a candidate's skills, expertise, or experience.
In the United States, we have three geographic pay zones. For this role, our current base pay ranges for new hires in each zone are:
Zone A: $216,600 - $288,800
Zone B: $194,900 - $259,900
Zone C: $179,800 - $239,700
This role may also be eligible for benefits, bonuses, commissions, and equity.
Please visit go.atlassian.com/payzones for more information on which locations are included in each of our geographic pay zones. However, please confirm the zone for your specific location with your recruiter.
Our perks & benefits
Atlassian offers a variety of perks and benefits to support you, your family and to help you engage with your local community. Our offerings include health coverage, paid volunteer days, wellness resources, and so much more. Visit go.atlassian.com/perksandbenefits to learn more.
At Atlassian, we're motivated by a common goal: to unleash the potential of every team. Our software products help teams all over the planet and our solutions are designed for all types of work. Team collaboration through our tools makes what may be impossible alone, possible together.
We believe that the unique contributions of all Atlassians create our success. To ensure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience, we never discriminate based on race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status. All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
To provide you the best experience, we can support with accommodations or adjustments at any stage of the recruitment process. Simply inform our Recruitment team during your conversation with them.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
To learn more about our culture and hiring process, visit go.atlassian.com/crh.
Help us maintain the quality of jobs posted on PowerToFly. Let us know if this job is closed.
We're connecting diverse talent to big career moves. Meeting people who boost your career is hard - yet networking is key to growth and economic empowerment. We’re here to support you - within your current workplace or somewhere new. Upskill, join daily virtual events, apply to roles (it’s free!).
Are you hiring? Join our platform for diversifiying your team