Full Stack .Net Engineer
As a Full Stack .Net Engineer and a member of a team of elite, highly skilled forward-thinking, passionate software engineers working on product development in an agile and collaborative environment, you will work with cutting edge technologies and learn how these technologies are applied in the global capital markets. In addition to the design and development work, you will also gain exposure to the financial services industry. You will take initiatives and collaborate extensively with the stakeholders and within the development team to achieve ambitious goals. This is an exciting opportunity to become a critical part of a fast growing, global organization, at what is arguably the most exciting time in the rapid evolution of our company.
- Design, develop, and implement heavily transactional and multi-tiered Web applications
- Full stack development – from the front end to the database level
- Aid in the design and architecture of green field development
- Assisting the Product Management group in specifying requirements into technical requirements
- Actively participate in research, discussions and decisions on software architecture, development processes, and other standards
- Actively participate in our Scrum process: Standups, Refinements, Planning, Retrospectives, Demos
What We’re Looking For:
- 5+ years of application development experience
- C#, .Net Core
- SQL Server/PostgreSQL
- Windows/Linux environment
- Ability to lead all aspects of product development, from brainstorming and design to execution and deployment. Comfort wearing many hats
- Continuously improve the architecture and quality of the code
- Able to work well individually and with a team
- Experience working in an Agile Development environment
- Strong written and verbal communication and presentation skills
- Mentor other engineers while shaping the future of our products
- Cash incentive plan
- Team of great professionals
- Reimbursement of your Wellbeing and Education activities
- Days off for charity/volunteering
- 4 additional Wellbeing days in year
- Paid parental leave of 26 weeks for all parents
- Option to work from home
- Attractive benefits package (private health care, life insurance etc.)
We pride ourselves on our agility and diversity, and we welcome requests to work flexibly. For most roles, flexible hours and/or an element of remote working are usually possible. Please talk to us at interview about the type of arrangement that is best for you. We will always try to be adaptable wherever we can.
Return to Work:
Have you taken time out for caring responsibilities and are now looking to return to work? As part of our Return-to-Work initiative, we are encouraging enthusiastic and talented returners to apply, and will actively support your return to the workplace.
The Location: Cape Town
About Company Statement:
S&P Global Market Intelligence partners with customers to broaden their perspective and operate with confidence by bringing them leading data sources and technologies that embed insight in their daily work. For more information, visit www.spglobal.com
Equal Opportunity Employer
S&P Global is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race/ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, military veteran status, unemployment status, or any other status protected by law. Only electronic job submissions will be considered for employment.
If you need an accommodation during the application process due to a disability, please send an email to: EEO.Compliance@spglobal.com and your request will be forwarded to the appropriate person.
US Candidates Only: The EEO is the Law Poster http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf describes discrimination protections under federal law.
Job ID: 284696
Posted On: 2023-04-11
Location: Cape Town, Western Cape, South Africa