We are accelerating and securing the energy transition sustainably and profitably.
Siemens Smart Infrastructure Grid Software enables grid operators as well as industry and infrastructure companies to accelerate and secure the energy transition in a sustainable and profitable way. We connect the physical and the digital world with an integrated OT and IT landscape along the entire value chain from planning through operations to maintenance – following its design principles of modularity, openness, user-centricity, interoperability, and resilience.
Scope of the position:
This position supports business processes, solution of technical issues, development of new methodologies, procedures, tools, and products with their theoretical and practical know how and understanding based on Power System theory and resulting Grid Control applications. As a part of our Grid Control Team, you will support interpretation and application of procedures, analyze issues, implement changes, and may advise and guide operational positions in their area of expertise.
What’s in it for you?
This position provides the opportunity to work with highly experienced & respected experts in the energy industry who have developed the software, products, and services that operate within the electrical utility industry.
Here is the part you can play:
- Support the data modeling of customer Network Model.
- Tuning and testing Transmission Network Analysis applications.
- Analysis of issues and implementation of resolutions.
- Design, develop, implement, and perform complex technical assignments related to Transmission Network Applications including State Estimator, Power Flow, Contingency Analysis.
- Analyze operational tasks, in assigned functional area, on frontend as well as on backend.
- Perform testing and develop documentation for Grid Control Applications.
- Gather, analyze, and evaluate relevant application data.
- Identify and troubleshoot specific customer needs and issues.
- Customize and implement efficient, reusable, and reliable code fix according to specifications.
- Promote and demonstrate best practices and high-quality software engineering processes.
Be part of our team, here's what's needed:
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Power Systems Engineering.
- 2 - 5 years of experience in Power Systems Engineering preferred.
- Located in or willing to relocate to the Sacramento, CA area. .
- Experience working on Windows/Unix/Linux OS, C/C++/Fortran, Oracle PL/SQL, Python preferred.
Find out how Siemens Grid Software is decoding the future of energy and what part you can play: https://sie.ag/DecodingTheFutureOfEnergy
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Early Professional
Full / Part time: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.