Siemens eMobility® solutions is shaping the market with innovative Electric Vehicle (EV) charging technologies. We are dedicated to driving an open and accessible market for electric vehicles, as well as planning and implementing secure grid connections to enable further growth of EV adoption.
Interested in technology that advances our communities and enables a cleaner, more efficient environment? Interested in gaining exposure to developing the systems and smart solutions that keep cities growing, businesses flourishing and people safe? Start your career with some of the brightest minds in the industry.
Here at Siemen eMobility solutions, we are transforming the everyday through our inclusive and rewarding work environment. Come be a part of our growing eMobility team, where you can build and implement new products, technologies, and applications!
Siemens eMobility solutions include AC and DC chargers deployed in all 50 states that range from in-home chargers to depots to charging infrastructure systems that power electrified bus lines in some of the largest cities in the country.
Siemens Smart Infrastructure is seeking an Environment, Health and Safety (EHS) Manager for our eMobility operations in Wendell, NC and design / development facility in Peachtree Corners, GA.
- The EHS manager is responsible for driving EHS policies procedures at Wendell, NC and Peachtree Corners, GA. Time will be split approximately 80% at Wendell, NC and 20% at Peachtree Corners, GA
- EHS Manager will be based at Wendell, NC
- You will provide EHS services for Siemens Industry Inc. project sites involving construction and maintenance/commissioning of existing production equipment and factory buildings.
- The EHS managers’ efforts are to prevent work-related injuries and illnesses, protect the environment, assure compliance with EHS laws and regulations, handle EHS risks, prepare the site and project sites for dealing with emergencies, promote wellness programs, and promote Siemens’ Zero Harm Culture
- The position reports to the eMobility Plant Manager in Wendell, NC
Responsibilities / Tasks include:
- Advocate for a Zero Harm safety culture that protects the safety of Siemens’ employees, subcontractors, and customers.
- Work with business location to develop specific job safety analyses (JSA) for higher-risk work.
- Regularly conduct safety training for Siemens employees and maintain employee safety training database.
- Evaluate safety programs of subcontractors to meet or exceed Siemens standards.
- Maintain and improve safe work standards and practices.
- Lead and improve the factory 5S program together with the production manager.
- Manage and is responsible of the ISO 14001 and ISO 45001 re-certifications by managing internal audits and developing actions plans with the Plant Manager and the other leaders.
- Regularly conduct site safety assessments/audits including tracking and reporting corrective action status and be a visible presence advocating for the safety of Siemens engineering, project managers, site manager, commissioning, operations, and maintenance personnel.
- Maintain EHS regulatory compliance activities, including preparing and submitting EHS regulatory reports and working with regulatory agency personnel.
- Manage worker’s compensation claims and return-to-work program
- Provide technical guidance to employees regarding environmental, health and safety related issues or concerns, and regulatory compliance
- Track occupational safety / environmental related Federal, State, and Local regulatory changes and impacting the business, both from a facility and customer relations standpoint, and communicate those to management. When necessary, coordinate business response and or comments to regulatory changes.
- Improve employee and management EHS awareness.
- Participate in audit activities including identification of EHS issues and implementation of corrective actions
- Conduct and lead EHS incident investigations, including tracking and record-keeping requirements, insure detailed investigation of serious incidents
- Conduct the new Siemens Eco-Efficiency and Waste Management programs by proposing new solutions to limit and recycle waste and reduce the energy consumption of the factory.
- Interact with Siemens legal on any EHS activities with regulatory agencies, employees, and outside legal counsel on behalf of business when required
- Collaborate with the Plant Manager who will provide direct support
- Assist Regional Country United States EHS Corporate EHS professionals as required
- Perform Sub-Contractor EHS Assessments and conduct onsite Project EHS Assessments
- Conduct random EHS verification and compliance audits during unannounced site visits and manage findings
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- BS/BA in related discipline (EHS), or advanced degree, or equivalent combination of education and experience
- 5+ years’ experience in a technical EHS role focusing on Safety and Environmental Compliance
- Experience with high-risk operations in a manufacturing environment
- Working knowledge of EPA and OSHA regulations and industry EHS standards
- Demonstrated ability to recognize, evaluate, and recommend controls for workplace hazards
- Demonstrated experience working on cross-functional teams and leading EHS targets and objectives
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and analytical skills
- Effective critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Strong writing capabilities, especially with writing clear, concise EHS procedures
- Proficient in MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Access)
- Ability to manage multiple projects/tasks for different business units and work independently with little supervision.
- Must be able to work with all levels of the organization
- Must be willing to travel to Peachtree Corners, GA for about 20% of the time
- Ability to work in the US for any employer without sponsorship
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- Certified Safety Professional (CSP) certification, Certified Industrial Hygienist (CIH), Certified Hazardous Material Manager (CHMM) certification, or equivalent
- Experience working with ISO 14001, ISO 45001, and OHSAS 18001 Management System Standards highly preferred
- Ability to influence, negotiate, and persuade employees at all levels
At Siemens, we live and foster an ownership culture, in which every employee takes personal responsibility for our company’s success. We strive to transform the everyday for our customers, employees, and society by:
- Trusting and empowering our leaders to act as owners, directing their teams, and innovating to succeed.
- Communicating openly and honestly to learn from our failures and celebrate our successes.
- Recognizing individual and team achievement frequently and effectively.
- Our focus on investment in our team members, offering a wide array of internal and external development opportunities.
- Our commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion.
In addition to the growth and development opportunities we continue to foster, we offer included benefits of flexible PTO, a matching 401K plan, health, life, vision and dental benefits, paid parental leave, potential for hybrid remote work, and so much more.
Can you see yourself, learning, growing, and succeeding here? If so we'd like to meet you! Apply today and learn how you can be a part of the Siemens family
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Full / Part time: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.