The Customer Excellence Specialist will support the Machine Tool Segment organization, working directly with OEM customers on complex orders/projects and providing customer driven logistical solutions. Working in a fast-paced customer driven environment, the successful candidate will have direct experience managing end-to-end, pre-, and post-sale customer support related to quotation, bundling, special pricing, bill of material accuracy and compatibility. In addition, the role will require internal segment transparency reporting and analysis of customer data related to sales, backlog, revenue forecasts, margin, price development, vendor cost performance as well as other Ad-Hoc requests from customers and internal segment teams both local and international.
The role requires very close collaboration with customers and internal resources most especially sales account managers and application engineers, suppliers and headquarter personnel to ensure that orders are delivered, costed, and billed out accurately, on time and in accordance with customer logistical requirements.
- Align and coordinate with customer support team comprised of sales and application engineering representatives
- Daily review of customer open orders, issues departmental KPI’s and team statistics
- Quoting and booking of complex customer orders and revisions with a high degree of accuracy
- Manage customer sales deals and special pricing programs to support accurate billing and reduction of credits and customer accounts in dispute
- Timely and accurate quotation of unique customer bills of material
- Execution of purchase orders to vendors with accurate offer assist prices and adherence to customized customer logistical requirements
- End-to-end management of drop ship orders originating in the US and terminating both in country and internationally
- Determination of optimal supply chain sourcing and delivery method
- Proactive monitoring and troubleshooting of customer orders from booking through final delivery and payment
- Partner with customers to deploy programs that achieve mutually beneficial financial outcomes
- Proactive backlog monitoring and issue resolution
- Management of customer relationships and data flows
- Distribution of leads to appropriate technical partners to expand sales from existing customer base
- Successfully promote Siemens both remotely and via in person meetings by providing relevant transparency reporting and useful information that supports brand loyalty and builds customer intimacy
- Achievement of specified KPI targets, customer, and team objectives
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education and Experience:
- 2+ years of professional experience within a manufacturing or supply chain environment.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred ; 5 or more years of direct experience in the responsibilities outlined above may be considered in lieu of a Bachelor’s degree or related certification
- Highly motivated to deliver timely customer issue resolution, build strong customer relationships, and project a customer first orientation
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced and evolving sales environment
- Experience working in and generating data from an ERP system
- Data analysis proficiency in Excel and/or Tableau
- Exceptional time management skills
- Previous experience working with international customers and vendors
- Evidence of ability to be proactive and take initiative in a business situation
- Proven history of driving issues and tasks to successful and timely completion
- Strong teamworking skills and orientation
- Vendor management experience
- Knowledge of and experience working with MS 365 suite of applications
- Knowledge of automation, robotic, and data analytic software tools
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Full / Part time: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.