Who We Are
Siemens Grid Software and Energy Automation
Here at Siemens Grid Software and Energy Automation, our mission is to accelerate and secure the energy transition. We ensure a reliable, affordable energy supply in a decentralizing, decarbonizing, digitalizing, and all-electrifying energy world. No matter where power comes from or where it must go, we ensure it makes its way – every step of the way!
Enterprise Account Management Lead - Utilities
Did you know that over 70% of all electricity in the world flows through infrastructure that was planned or analyzed by Siemens Grid Software?
Designed to accelerate the energy transition and electrification by adding mission-critical capabilities, Siemens Grid Software and Energy Automation help utilities shape the future of their power landscape. We offer a whole spectrum of innovative products and solutions - for energy protection and automation as well as communication technology including data analytics technologies based on digital twin solutions and IoT-applications.
We currently have a unique opportunity for a vibrant Technology Sales Head with the utility domain experience to join a group of innovative and future-thinking people, with a passion for growing technology sales across the United States.
Future Thinker? Read on.
- Reporting to the VP of Sales, Grid Software, you will identify, implement, and drive sales for our Grid Software and Energy Automation business in the United States. The primary metrics for success in this position are Order Intake and Revenue.
- Some of the highlights of this role that will contribute to achieving yearly sales targets & overall success include:
- Leading and supporting enterprise account managers in the development and execution of go-to-market growth initiatives, sales strategies, and account plans.
- Owning and managing the sales book of business.
- Coaching and providing thought leadership to the sales team on key/large deals as well as on other strategic/organizational topics.
- Building/maintaining a team around a positive culture of performance.
- Cultivate CxO-level relationships with target investor-owned utilities, electric cooperatives, and municipalities.
- Achieving strategic alignment between global headquarters and the US market on sales priorities, growth, and culture.
- Driving the launch/roll-out of new offerings and commercial models.
- Supporting enterprise account managers in the development of business cases for sales-related investment requests.
- Provides the VP of Sales with weekly updates on forecast, funnel, initiatives, and key opportunities.
- Clearly communicate Grid Software and Energy Automation’s vision, value proposition, and key differentiators to C-level customers – and enable your team to do so.
- Represent the enterprise utility team in other core functions, such as: product management, marketing, engineering, customer support, and solution delivery.
What Skills Will Help You Succeed
- Extensive experience (10+ years) selling grid software and energy automation equipment and services to energy utility customers
- Experienced manager of both direct reports and matrix reports
- Experience with MEDDICC and/or Challenger selling
- Demonstrated ability to manage, analyze, and win complex bids
- You are an owner - you take responsibility for any issue relating to your business
- Ability to communicate with all levels of an organization including director/VP and C-Suite
- Ability to create, own and manage sales campaigns
- Proven track record of account management, including accurate sales forecasting, sales process management, and successful attainment of quota across multiple product lines
- Demonstrated negotiating skills, conflict management, and a sense of accountability
- Ability to strategize and creatively solve problems to overcome customer challenges
- Passionate about leading, empowering, and developing people
- Have a Bachelors Degree in Science or Business
- Fluent in English
Location: Remote (anywhere between US Western, Central, and Eastern Time Zones)
Find out how Siemens Grid Software is decoding the future of energy and what part you can play: https://sie.ag/DecodingTheFutureOfEnergy
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Full / Part time: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.