The NBA is committed to providing a safe and healthy workplace. To safeguard our employees and their families, our visitors, and the broader community from COVID-19, and in consideration of recommendations from health authorities and the NBA’s own advisors, any individual working onsite in our New York and New Jersey offices must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. The NBA will discuss accommodations for individuals who cannot be vaccinated due to a medical reason or sincerely held religious belief, practice, or observance.
At the NBA, we’re passionate about growing and celebrating the game of basketball. Through the intensity of the game and the amazing athletic skill of our players, we deliver excitement to hundreds of millions of fans worldwide.
As a global sports and media business, the NBA is so much more. While Basketball Operations runs the league’s on-court activities, other departments manage relationships with television and digital media partners, develop marketing partnerships with some of the world’s most recognizable companies, oversee the licensing of NBA merchandise, and handle a wide range of responsibilities that drive the NBA’s success.
Hybrid at the NBA is defined as a role that is expected to be on-site Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday.
The Global Fan Marketing Strategy Lead will develop and activate marketing campaigns that deliver a consistent, seamless, fan-centric experience across all channels and drive business outcomes across markets, including tune-in/ viewership, app downloads, subscriptions, and overall fan engagement! The role is part of an exciting and growing Marketing team with the mission to discover, inspire and engage fans worldwide.
- Demonstrate a strong understanding of NBA fans and leverage consumer insights to develop go-to-market strategies to grow fan engagement
- Orchestrate and implement 360° integrated fan marketing strategy and plans for global campaigns that incorporate multi-channel platforms such as TV, digital, out-of-home, email, social, paid media, and experiential activations
- Drive integrated marketing planning to support key global NBA tentpoles (e..g, All-Star Voting, Play-In Tournament, Playoffs & Finals) and support the development new tentpoles to drive additional fan engagement (e.g., NBA Rivals Week, Election Day)
- Support Fantasy & Gaming marketing efforts (e.g, NBA Pick'Em) to drive fan engagement with key NBA fan segments
- Develop strategies to engage key growth segments (e.g., youth) to help build the next generation of global NBA fans
- Partner with the brand and creative team to bring key positioning, messaging, and creative to life in support of global tentpole campaigns
- Implement the look, feel, and voice of the brand across all fan touchpoints, effectively communicating key value props and differentiators to fans
- Work with the key internal partners and regional marketing teams to best leverage campaigns and ensure consistent end-to-end experience
- Develop partnerships and promotions that help broaden awareness, elevate our brand, and acquire fans
- Establish key performance metrics that align with business objectives
- Measure and analyze the efficiency of programs, optimizing performance throughout a campaign and working hand-in-hand with the Marketing Analytics team to provide insights and key findings
- 5-7 years of experience in Marketing, driving fan-centric multi-channel campaigns and programs; sports experience is a plus
- Cross-functional leader who thrives in a matrixed, collaborative environment
- Ability to influence and engage teammates and peers
- Proven track record of building consensus and delivering results
- Outstanding verbal and written communicator who can clearly convey market dynamics, strategies, tactics, rationale, and results to peers, partners, and agencies
- Strong project management skills to drive campaigns to completion
- A solutions-oriented problem solver
- Extensive consumer and content marketing experience required
- Experience briefing and managing creative, media, and research agencies
- Upbeat, hard-working, and able to collaborate well across the marketing team & broader organization
- Results-driven and metrics oriented
- Bachelor's degree required
- $110,000 to $125,000 per year
The NBA does not accept unsolicited resumes from search firms or any other third parties. Any unsolicited resume sent to the NBA will be considered NBA property, and the NBA will not pay a fee should it hire the subject of any unsolicited resume.
The NBA considers applicants for all positions on the basis of merit, qualifications, and business needs, and without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, alienage or citizenship status, ancestry, marital status, genetic predisposition or carrier status, veteran status, familial status, status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other status or characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
About the NBA
The National Basketball Association (NBA) is a global sports and media organization with the mission to inspire and connect people everywhere through the power of basketball. Built around five professional sports leagues: the NBA, WNBA, NBA G League, NBA 2K League and Basketball Africa League, the NBA has established a major international presence with games and programming available in 215 countries and territories in more than 50 languages, and merchandise for sale in more than 200 countries and territories on all seven continents. NBA rosters at the start of the 2021-22 season featured a record 121 international players from 40 countries. NBA Digital’s assets include NBA TV, NBA.com, the NBA App and NBA League Pass. The NBA has created one of the largest social media communities in the world, with 2.1 billion likes and followers globally across all league, team, and player platforms. Through NBA Cares, the league addresses important social issues by working with internationally recognized youth-serving organizations that support education, youth and family development, and health-related causes.