Industrial Electrician $5,000 Bonus
Our culture believes in POWERING YOUR POTENTIAL. We provide global opportunities to develop your career, improve your community, and work with today’s most innovative thinkers to solve the world’s toughest problems.
We believe in flexibility for you to explore your passions while making an impact through meaningful work within our inclusive workforce. That’s what #LifeAtCummins is all about.
We are looking for a talented Industrial Electrician 2nd Shift with $5,000 Bonus to join our team specializing in manufacturing for our BUSINESS SEGMENT in Mineral Point, WI.
In this role, you will make an impact in the following ways:
- Performs work in accordance with diagrams, sketches, operation manuals and specifications using various tools, measuring and testing instruments.
- Applies comprehensive knowledge of troubleshooting, assembling, installing, testing, maintaining and making improvements to electrical systems. Works with relevant functions to select and utilize appropriate resources, tools, machinery and specialty equipment.
- Thoroughly understands the protocols of working safely with electricity and other energy sources with industrial equipment.
- Comply with HSE standards, policies, procedures and regulations.
- Quickly and effectively adapts to change in the manufacturing environment.
- Fully proficient performing troubleshooting, electrical repairs and maintenance of equipment.
- Controls Safety - Recognizes controls related hazards in a manufacturing environment (Electrical, Hydraulic, Pneumatic) to incorporate safe practices and procedures as part of the daily work plan to reduce injuries and create a safe machine environment.
- Electrical System Troubleshooting - Analyzes an electrical control system to resolve and repair electrical issues to return the system to proper operating conditions.
- Factory Automation and Control Systems - Implements changes to further automate manufacturing processes using available technology, programming techniques, and identifying needed material and resources for project completion to provide the optimum automation for the manufacturing environment.
- Machine Programming - Creates factory floor machine programs by designing and implementing solutions to improve usage of machine and overall operation.
Significant work experience and in-depth knowledge obtained through specialized training and relevant experience.
Preventative maintenance on electrical components
Perform a variety of electrical installation and maintenance work on plant electrical system and equipment
Lay out and install wiring circuits and distribution centers in accordance with specifications
Install switches, controls and other electronic devices incidental to the installation
Diagnose and remedy troubles, repair and replace equipment and apparatus
Work from schematic drawings and diagrams, specifications and code book
Use electrical measuring and testing devices
Troubleshooting of welding equipment and weld controls as well as variable speed motor drives, PLC’s servo systems, robotics and other metal fabricating equipment
Ability to work efficiently and handle multiple tasks
Compensation and Benefits
Base salary rate commensurate with experience. Additional benefits vary between locations and include options such as our 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan, Cash Balance Pension Plan, Medical/Dental/Life Insurance, Health Savings Account, Domestic Partners Coverage and a full complement of personal and professional benefits.
Cummins and E-verify
At Cummins, we are an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer dedicated to diversity in the workplace. Our policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified persons without regard to race, gender, color, disability, national origin, age, religion, union affiliation, sexual orientation, veteran status, citizenship, gender identity and/or expression, or other status protected by law. Cummins validates right to work using E-Verify. Cummins will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), with information from each new employee’s Form I-9 to confirm work authorization.