- The DCS Lead Project Engineer is responsible for leading the execution of customer projects according to defined standards, engineering practices and customer requirements in the field of process automation under the direction of the assigned Project Manager.
- The DCS Lead Project Engineer executes projects utilizing SIMATIC PCS 7 in the Pharmaceutical, Chemical and Food & Beverage industries.
- The DCS Lead Project Engineer will seek to adapt new technology, tools and workflows; adhere to a high level of standardization; efficiently leads project teams with local and remote engineers; identify areas for improvement and support execution of the improvement process; act as a mentor and share best practices and experience with the engineering team.
- The position reports to the DCS Engineering Manager within the Process Automation & Engineering Business
- The position is located in Chattanooga, Tennessee.
- Manages a project team. Coaches and develops junior team members.
- Consults customers/management on technical/technological topics.
- Prepare industry specific solution, engineering packages, concepts, typicals and engineering templates.
- Analyze the technical specification, testing and documentation requirement of the project and specifies resources required for projects.
- Manage and ensure compliance to standards, rules and regulations.
- Oversee implementation and integration of assigned engineering packages, using project specific software programming techniques based on the assigned resources.
- Oversee commissioning of the engineered solution at customer sites
- Identifies and evaluates continuously all opportunities for further increasing business opportunities
- Identifies and evaluates all evident risks, suggests appropriate counter measures, and report the same to the project management.
- Strong communication and collaboration with Project Manager for project execution activities with a focus on improving project results.
- Technical clarification with customers and sub-suppliers
- Make use of opportunities to learn from others and share experience.
- Sales support based on industry expertise and experience Develops industry-specific solution concepts, packages, and templates for engineering under the direction of the assigned Project Manager
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- BS/BA in engineering
- DCS or MES background in the Chemical, Pharmaceutical or Food & Beverage industries, on Siemens based systems (SIMATIC PCS 7, SIMATIC PCS neo)
- 8 plus years of successful experience in related field and successful demonstration of Key Responsibilities and Knowledge as presented above.
- Excellent customer interfacing skills
- Domestic Travel will be required approximately 30% of the time.
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Full / Part time: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.