Position Title: Sr. Materials Coordinator
Location: Peachtree Corners, GA; Grand Prairie, TX; Hingham, MA; Broken Arrow, OK; Monterrey, MX
Who designs your future? You do.
Are you looking for a career where you can showcase your technical aptitude and passion for problem solving to make the world a more safe, reliable, and equitable place? Then look to Siemens!
Join our team! Recognized by Fortune as World’s Most Admired Companies
At Siemens, we live and foster an ownership culture, in which every employee takes personal responsibility for our company's success. We trust and empower our leaders to act as owners, direct their teams, and innovate to succeed. We communicate openly and honestly to learn from our failures and celebrate our successes. We recognize individual and team achievements frequently. We invest in our team members, offering a wide variety of internal and external development opportunities.
What you will do for Siemens:
Siemens Smart Infrastructure Electrical Products is looking for three (3) Sr. Materials Coordinators to join the North American Team. These individuals will be responsible for managing the increase in supply of components critical to all 9 North American manufacturing facilities. You will coordinate supply and help identify and cover gaps, while being a liaison between the Materials Managers at the plants, the Global Procurement Team, and the Project Manager. The primary goal of the Sr Materials Coordinators is to provide uninterrupted supply and high-quality support to the Materials Teams and the plants. The coordinators will report the Head of Material & Inventory and can be located in any of the 10 SI EP NA locations. These are new positions being established to support our growing business so you will have the opportunity to help shape the roles.
- Responsibility resides across 9 North American SI EP locations. US (6), MX (2), CA (1)
- Responsible for managing logistic source activities for complex commodities.
- Perform Gap Analysis-Near Term and Future.
- Responsible to work with the Project Manager and SI EP factories in consolidating demand, developing forecasting models, and defining priorities.
- Responsible for developing logistic models and SLA with suppliers.
- Lead supplier delivery performance and development plans related to delivery reliability and compliance.
- Work closely with Strategic procurement (LPM and CM) team in activities related to supplier risk management and capacity planning.
- Participate in annual supplier evaluation for assigned commodities for all locations and lead logistic related development activities.
- Lead periodic stocking level reviews for the plants.
- Lead/Manage the supply to the plants during supply constraints.
- Simplify and standardize processes across the plants.
- Become an SAP Super User and be an SAP resource for Materials Teams at the plants.
- Recommend technology to help manage the process.
- Cultivate positive relationships with the Teams and our Partners.
- Create and track appropriate metrics.
Qualifications: Required Skills, Knowledge, and Education:
- Where permitted by applicable law, Siemens may require employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 based on job requirements, and in accordance with an accommodation based on legally protected reasons
- Bachelor's degree or international equivalent or 8+ years' experience.
- 5+ years' experience in Materials/Procurement
- Strong cognitive skills, including problem analysis, decision making, financial and quantitative analysis.
- High level of SAP experience.
- Proven strong organizational, interpersonal, and communication skills.
- Experience working with external customers and representatives.
- Ability to work effectively on a Team.
- Ability to work cross functionally.
- Ability to thrive in a complex, fast-paced environment.
- Knowledge and experience in Siemens is preferred.
- Competitive salary based on qualifications
- Health, dental, and vision plans with options
- Matching 401(k)
- Competitive paid time-off plan, holidays, and floating holidays
- Paid parental leave
- Company cell phone and laptop for eligible positions
- Extensive product training and professional career development
- Education and tuition reimbursement programs available
- Overtime, on-call pay, and company uniform and vehicle for eligible positions
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, domestic partner status, disability, weight, height or AIDS/HIV status, protected veteran or military status, other categories protected by federal, state, or local law, and regardless of whether the qualified applicants are individuals with disabilities.
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Full / Part time: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.