Position Title: Electronics Development Engineer
Location: Peachtree Corners, GA
Siemens Smart Infrastructure Electronics R&D Team is expanding at their Peachtree Corners, GA location. As our product line evolves into a more connected and communicating system architecture we are looking to add to our team of electronics developers.
Join our team as we together build technologies to create safe and efficient next generation electrical circuit protection, intelligent energy source selection, intuitive power distribution, control, and monitoring for the smart residential market.
We are looking for engineers with design experience in microprocessor based embedded systems, including both analog and digital circuitry, and both wired and wireless communication links.
- Design, build, and test microprocessor based embedded products which include both analog and digital circuitry. Main applications will be in power electronics switching and fault detection.
- Optimize designs for high volume manufacturing and cost effectiveness.
- Support release into production.
- Integrate embedded products into Siemens’ larger system architecture.
- Follow latest industry trends in IoT data transfer and wireless communications and help implement and improve designed communication enabled products.
- Work closely with all engineering disciplines including software/firmware, electrical hardware, mechanical, project management, verification and validation engineers and quality personnel to verify and validate products.
Required Skills, Knowledge, and Education:
- 8 – 10 years of experience developing hardware for embedded applications.
- Undergraduate or graduate degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, or related discipline is required. Advanced degree (Master’s/ PhD degree) can be substituted for industry experience.
- Experience developing products for high volume manufacturing.
- Background in power electronics.
- Experience developing applications using wireless IoT Network Protocols such as Bluetooth, BLE, Zigbee and Wifi.
- Experience working with industry standard programmers and debugging environments (JTAG etc.) is required.
- Should have necessary writing skills to create product hardware requirements and design documentation.
- Familiarity with applicable standards from UL, IEC, NEC, and IEEE related to safety, power electronics and communications.
- Familiarity with Agile methodology and tools.
- Knowledge and Experience using MATLAB/SIMULINK is a bonus and converting analytical results into efficient product design.
- Excellent interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills to communicate information effectively.
- Ability to convey ideas and concepts to a wide range of audiences including product management and engineers.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, deadline-oriented environment as part of a team.
- Produce excellent results with minimal supervision, independently debug, optimize and able to evaluate complex code base.
- Strong analytic and decision-making skills.
- Strong quality orientation and customer focus.
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Full / Part time: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.