Are you ready to design and create the machines and systems that drive the manufacturing economy? Our Siemens MT (Machine Tool) plays a key role in the growth of Siemens Motion Control products by offering CNC solutions for machine builders. This position can be located in Los Angeles with the opportunity to work remotely.
This is an exciting time for the business with expected continued growth over the next several years as we expand from traditional technologies such as milling and turning to new field which include robots and additive machining. The Siemens SINUMERIK product line is the market leader in Machine Tool CNC motion control technology and its performance and design is unmatched in the industry.
In this position you will be offered the opportunity to interact directly with machine builders, account managers, and other colleagues nationally and globally. It offers an ambitious position with many opportunities for career development and diversification, and it offers a truly collaborative and pleasurable work environment. This is a diverse role both in terms of the technical processes but also the contact points at both customers as well as within the greater Siemens organization.
We are looking for a team-oriented person with strong ambitious spirit and desire to contribute to crafting the direction of a thriving and growing organization. With the proper talent and drive, Siemens can launch new careers and deliver on aspirations.Responsibilities
- The primary role of the CNC Applications Engineer is supporting machine builders to adapt Siemens platforms onto their machine concepts.
- Serves as the product expert for CNC machine tool topics within the USA.
- The technology is SINUMERIK CNC, SIMATIC PLC, SINAMICS drives, SIMOTICS motors, and Shop floor information systems.
- The job roles include consultation, solutions development, solutions test and confirmation, solutions implementation, test and follow-up down to the final user if necessary.
- Effectively communicate, prioritize, and facilitate the needs of the customers while collaborating with internal team members including Account Managers, Business Development, Product Management and Field Service.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
Must possess demonstrated ability to work across functions to drive value into market; must have demonstrated ability to successfully apply complex knowledge of fundamental concepts, practices, and procedures for CNC Machine Tools.
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
- BS/BA in technical fields (Electrical or Mechanical Engineering degree), or advanced degree preferred.
- 3-5+ Years’ experience as a controls engineer in the CNC Machine Tool industry.
- A detailed understanding of the Machine Tool Industry and the different sub-segment machine types.
- Knowledge and experience with adapting a CNC system to a machine tool; Interfacing to CNC Machine tools via CAD/CAM or data acquisition; Integration of the CNC Machine Tool into a larger automation network.
- The ability to travel 50%
- This position requires employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 unless they are granted a medical or religious exemption.”
At Siemens, we are committed to an ownership culture, in which every employee takes personal responsibility for our company’s success. We utilize lean principles and seek to continually improve our processes and customers’ experience.
Can you see yourself, learning, growing, and succeeding here? If so we'd like to meet you!
We offer flexible vacation time, a matching 401K plan, profit sharing, full health, life, vision and dental benefits.
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Full / Part time: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.