About Smart Infrastructure – Electrification and Automation:
The Electrification and Automation (EA) Business Unit offers the full range of energy distribution systems and solutions for all markets and through all sales channels. We provide reliable power distribution grids of today while investing into our Future Grids portfolio and applications to create the power distribution grid of the future. Our comprehensive portfolio meets the growing technical requirements of today’s and tomorrow’s power grid!
Siemens is seeking an exciting addition to our engineering leadership team. We have a new role leading our MV Secondary & GIS mechanical engineering team responsible for all mechanical aspects of assigned products including customer order specific designs/BOM releases, as well as maintenance of existing product designs and assemblies. This role will support long term growth initiatives with a focus on customer experience, employee development and process improvement. That will include 5+ direct reports responsible for all mechanical engineering aspects of customer orders.
- Take ownership of the overall mechanical engineering experience for MV Secondary and GIS. This will include leadership and technical support during the quotation, design approval, detailed engineering and post-project lessons learned phases
- Manage the day to day needs of the team. This will include training and coaching of new team members, schedule management, escalation resolution and coordination with factory/field stakeholders
- Foster a culture of continuous improvement and knowledge sharing by leading improvements to our DTO Library. This includes making sure there are no defects that could cause problems with the functionality of the equipment, safety of the user, or rework in the factory during assembly
- Ensure the use of best design practices (i.e. part numbering, use of typical assemblies, etc.) by the mechanical designersConduct mechanical Quality Checks, and lead initiatives for continuous quality improvement to increase First Pass Yield (FPY)
- Be a technical leader with a strong focus on employee skills development
- Siemens products possibly supported by this role: SIEBREAK, 8DA10, 8DB10, 8DJH36
- This is a working manager role for a small team. Being able to drive improvements requires hands on engineering competency with our products, tools, and processes. A manager of this team should regularly take on normal project work to support overall team output targets
- Bachelors’ degree in mechanical engineering
- 5 years of experience in a technical engineering role with at least 2 years working within a complex made to order manufacturing organization.
- Strong communications skills and demonstrated presentation skills
- Expert level proficiency in 3D design with a demonstrated ability to share knowledge and train developing engineers.
- Demonstratable proficiency working with complex engineering BoMs
- Demonstrated experience as a leader, with or without direct authority
- Must be physically in the Wendell Office 3+ days a week, no travel required
In addition to the growth and development opportunities we continue to foster, we offer included benefits of flexible PTO, a matching 401K plan, stock share match, health, life, vision and dental benefits, paid parental leave, potential for hybrid remote work, and so much more.
Can you see yourself, learning, growing, and succeeding here? If so we'd like to meet you! Apply today and learn how you can be a part of the Siemens family.
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Full / Part time: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.