**Please note- this is position is located in Wendell NC. Relocation assistance may be available if required.
Hybrid work schedule
Siemens eMobility® solutions is shaping the market with innovative EV charging technologies. We are dedicated to driving an open and accessible market for electric vehicles, as well as planning and implementing secure grid connections to enable further growth of EV adoption.
Interested in technology that advances our communities and enables a cleaner, more efficient environment? Interested in gaining exposure to developing the systems and smart solutions that keep cities growing, businesses flourishing and people safe? Start your career with some of the brightest minds in the industry.
Here at Siemens eMobility solutions, we are transforming the everyday through our inclusive and rewarding work environment. Come be a part of our growing eMobility team, where you can build and implement new products, technologies, and applications!
The eMobility solutions team is seeking an Electrical Engineer to join our AC Engineering Team.
In support of the mission of Siemens eMobility the electrical engineer will assist in new design of the Level 2 AC Chargers. In addition, they will help us maintain our existing portfolio of Level 2 Chargers, currently the Versicharge Gen3. This will include designing to UL, FCC, and internal specifications. The electrical engineer will report to the UL Hardware Manager for Siemens eMobility who has responsibility for both electrical and mechanical design.
- Work cross functionally to coordinate release packages and accelerate items needed for timely product delivery
- Support the entire lifecycle of HW design and development from conception to scale manufacturing, to product maintenance
- Create, maintain, and review BOM and other design documentation
- Create technical specs for both design and testing phases of projects
- Provide input for UL/IEC agency file submittal
- Use expertise to manage component selection to meet performance, quality, and cost requirements.
- Improve product cost and quality through design to cost and design for manufacturing activities
- Conduct root cause analysis of field issues on deployed product
- Work with 3rd party contractors for outsourced products
- Perform benchmarking studies to determine a product configuration for Global market
- Participate in the electrical schematic design for the next generation of EVSE Level 2 Chargers.
- Deliver circuit designs that are cost effective, reliable, and innovative for embedded EVSE systems using Altium or similar tools
- Create HW design based on architecture documents and requirement specifications
- Support EVSE interoperability performance through testing and test case development
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- 4 years experience in electrical engineering
- BS in Electrical or Computer Engineering
- Must have the ability to work in the United States without sponsorship
- Knowledge of UL, IEC and NEC standards
- Working knowledge of PCBA design
- Experience with Energy Star Qualification
- Knowledge of real-time Embedded C applications on 8-bit, 16-bit and 32-bit processors
- Knowledge of embedded Linux IoT devices
- High level of competence in design of high-speed interfaces, microprocessor selection and power circuits
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- Ability to perform circuit simulations
- Proven track record of bringing products from design to production
- Experience in design of electromechanical products for use in both indoor and outdoor environments
- Use of SImetrix SPICE
- Knowledge/Experience in EV Infrastructure and EV Charging solutions is desirable
- Experience with basic programming
- Knowledge of UL and IEC standards for Electric Vehicle Supply equipment
- Use of Altium
- Experience in Interoperability testing of EVSEs (Electric Vehicle Supply Equipment) and EVs
- Understanding of energy management protocols like OCPP, Open ADR, CTA-2045
- Detailed working knowledge of Control pilot communication between EVSE and EV
Can you see yourself, learning, growing, and succeeding here? The Siemens eMobility solutions opportunity exists for talent to develop and lead hand-on experience at a company with over 50,000 employees in the US and over 170 years of experience as a technological pioneer.
You will be exposed to specialized training, digital tools, customer interface, an international team and ability to deploy real time learnings in a work environment. If you are a people-person who loves the rewarding challenge of building a brand, we want to hear from you.
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Full / Part time: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.