Pioneering in America, from the first mile to the last. This is what drives us.
For 175 years, Siemens has been an integral provider of infrastructure, electrification, and transportation solutions in the United States. Open new lines and increase capacity, cut costs, and link networks: high-performance, pioneering Rail Electrification meets all the expectations of Rail Infrastructure operators today. It's a central component of the end-to-end networked digital infrastructure of tomorrow. We offer products and services extending along the entire Rail Electrification value chain to improve the quality of everyday life for millions worldwide. We have recently been named Fast Company's Best Workplaces for Innovators!
We seek to hire a Senior Software Developer, focusing on Positive Train Control (PTC) and its relationship with our Back Office Server (BOS) within our Freight Software Solutions Organization. The role can be located in Jacksonville, Florida, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, or Minnetonka, Minnesota. This role may require flexibility to travel up to 5% to visit customers across Canada and the US.
This role suits an ambitious professional looking for the next step in their career. As part of the Freight Software Solutions Team, the PTC Software Developer will be responsible for supporting our PTC BOS Program. The role will require solving and remedying defects, implementing new designs, and supporting customer requests. The position requires being part of a 24x7x365 on-call rotation for customer support.What your day-to-day will look like:
- Using your expertise in C and C++ to design, improve, implement, and release software that meets functionality, usability, reliability, performance, and supportability requirements.
- Collaborate with other software developers to understand and manage interdependencies of project tasks, product, and flow integration issues.
- Participate in reviews and inspections of designs, specifications, and code.
- Participate in an agile environment with planning and tracking, task investigation, work breakdown, and schedule estimation while keeping partners informed of project risks and status.
- Collaborate with testing and integration teams to resolve defects and maintain functional and design specification documents.
- Interacting (both in-person and remote communications) with customers to explain technical solutions and problems in a manner that non-expert personnel can easily understand.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Engineering, Electronics Engineering of Computer Science
- Hands-on experience (5+ years) in Solution Development using C/C++ building PTC solutions
- Solid knowledge of software algorithms and data structures
- Expertise in multi-threading, distributed computing, and microservices architecture
- Proven working experience in Unix/Linux operating systems environments - any scripting languages (Bash or Python) is a plus.
- The ability to be a great teammate with excellent communication to present ideas and share your knowledge with others.
We aim to hire top talent and arm them with the opportunity to make top dollar. Can you see yourself learning, growing, and succeeding here? If so, we'd like to meet you!Why you'll love working for Siemens:
- Freedom and healthy work-life balance– Health, Dental, Vision Insurance, HSA/FSA, Commuter Benefits – starting Day 1
- Each team member is accountable for making decisions, solving problems, and taking actions contributing to long-term impact and financial success.
- We do the right thing. We stand for green innovations and meaningful solutions with an impact on customers, ecosystem partners, society, and the environment.
- We are front-runners in digitalization and building platforms. Therefore, we are hiring ambitious forward-thinkers who want to have a real impact.
- Solve the world's most significant problems – Be part of exciting and innovative projects.
- Opportunities to contribute your innovative ideas and get paid for them. Take advantage of our Tuition Reimbursement program, Mentor Programs, and your development through online learning.
- Employee perks and discounts in addition to our 401k match and generous Paid Time Off
Siemens offers a variety of health and wellness benefits to employees. Details regarding our benefits can be found here: https://www.benefitsquickstart.com/siemens/index.html. The base salary range for this position in Pittsburgh, PA, or Jacksonville, FL, is $111,440 - $167,160. The base salary range for this position in Minnetonka, MN, is $122,560 - $183,840. The annual incentive target is 10% of the base salary.
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: Siemens Mobility, Inc
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Full / Part time: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.