**Please note: this position is located in Peachtree Corners GA. Relocation assistance may be available if needed.
Siemens eMobility® solutions is shaping the market with innovative EV charging technologies. We are dedicated to driving an open and accessible market for electric vehicles, as well as planning and implementing secure grid connections to enable further growth of EV adoption. .
Siemens Smart Infrastructures rely on the combination of smart grids and smart buildings by combining physical solutions and digitalization in all areas of electrification and automation. Ingeniously it connects energy systems, buildings, and industries to improve the way we live and work through greater efficiency and sustainability.
Siemens SI has its global headquarters in Switzerland with about 7,400 colleagues who are responsible for the solutions and services business. This makes Siemens SI the market leader in Europe.
Together, we build technologies that take society further!
Electromobility is one of the growth markets with significant influence on the mobility but also the energy market. As a major player in the energy market, Siemens intends to take a leading position in this growth market. Within our team you have the opportunity to work in a start-up-like environment and to take ownership in flat hierarchies. On the other hand, you benefit from the support of a large corporation when it comes to implementing your own ideas.
R&D System Test Engineer – System and Interoperability test of EVSE (Electric Vehicle Supply Equipment).
- Responsible for Electric Vehicle Supply Equipment testing to verify conformance with product specification.
- Responsible for the technical set-up and execution of system tests
- Create concept and design test strategy for charging unit
- Define and execute test cases according to system test specification
- Create plan and execute automated test approach for system test
- System Test Engineer will report to the Global System Test manager
- Play a key role in the development and certification process of our products and systems
- Define test strategies, plan tests, and execute test activities with the aim of improving the test strategy and the test management process on the basis of the defined and determined critical metrics.
- Work within a team to automate test environments, evaluate test metrics and error analysis.
- Develop and update Test Plans, Test Procedures and Test Reports in support of assigned projects.
- Configure test tools according to test strategy.
- Organize the implementation and/or monitoring of type tests from the concept phase with test planning to development-accompanying tests and optimizations to CE type testing and type approval in accordance with national and international regulations in the field of electric charging systems
- Perform EV Infrastructure interoperability testing including cloud communication, EV service providers (OCPP), Building management software (MODBUS) etc.
- Prepare test results report and review observed results and behaviors with responsible development engineers
- Maintain a lively exchange of information and experience with test colleagues at the other locations and cooperate closely with various testing and inspection institutes.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- Degree in electrical engineering, mechanical engineering, or a similar field
- 3+ years of experience in the field of system testing and type testing as well as extensive knowledge of standards
- Intercultural experience and e-mobility knowledge as distinguish factor
- Good practical knowledge of defect tracking tools and test management systems
- Good communication and analytical skills
- Availability to travel to Europe
- Available for mostly onsite work
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- Familiarity with ANSI, IEEE, UL, SAE and NEMA standards for chargers
- Experience in EV interoperability testing.
- Practical experience with test automation.
- Previous experience working in Agile methodology using Jira and X-ray tools
Can you see yourself, learning, growing, and succeeding here? If so we'd like to meet you! Apply today and learn how you can be a part of the Siemens family.
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Full / Part time: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.