Hybrid at the NBA is defined as a role that is expected to be on-site Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday.
Digital Media's mission is to bring the world courtside by providing the NBA experience for everyone, everywhere. The department builds and manages digital products (like mobile applications and virtual reality products) that extend the league's global reach. The NBA is the most popular sports league on social media, and the Digital Media team manages all of the league's social platforms. The department also works with NBA Digital (a joint venture between the NBA and Turner Sports) to manage and present outstanding websites and digital products for the NBA, WNBA, NBA G League, NBA 2K League and all teams across the four leagues, and develops strategies for distributing content to our global regional offices and partners. The Digital Media Emerging Technology and Innovation team's mission is to deliver outstanding experiences that fans love and to grow the number of fans who use our products every day. We develop deep subject matter expertise that advocates for innovation, while prioritizing the fan and the NBA's business objectives.
Emerging Technology and Innovation, Strategy Lead will act as a product, project and relationship manager on digital initiatives related to emerging and innovative technologies, including artificial intelligence, web3, XR and more. In this role, you'll be responsible for immersing yourself in new tech spaces, developing expertise and perspective on those technologies, and leading strategic initiatives to execute as applicable. Execution responsibilities include gathering and drafting business, technical and operational requirements across various internal departments, as well as partnering and collaborating with third-party development and partner teams. You will also be encouraged to foster relationships with industry experts, and to lead early-stage communications with potential new partners and vendors.
- Establish, document and prioritize a strategic innovation roadmap, and track prioritized initiatives through all cycles from planning to launch to ongoing management
- Conceive new product ideas in emerging spaces, including AR/MR/VR, chatbots, voice and more
- Create product/project charters outlining the scope, technical requirements, UX flows, goals, achievements, deliverables, dependencies, budget and timing
- Partner with internal and external partners across business, marketing, design and technology teams
- Maintain relationships with key contacts across the VC community, and lead ongoing conversations with start-ups and established tech platforms.
- Effectively communicate with both technical and non-technical users and produce project documentation
- Monitor and analyze data and insights to model the impact of new features and functionality
- Resolve project issues through direct action or escalation when necessary
- Maintain a strong sense of design and ability to wireframe/prototype concepts
- Learn about and advocate for the user, gathering and sharing insights and best practices regularly
- Communicate regularly with senior executives internally and externally
- 8+ years of direct experience in product management with a consistent track record of delivering consumer-facing experiences
- 3-5 years of experience working with emerging media products (AR, AI, VR, MR, voice, etc.)
- Relationship management experience, ideally within tech platform, startup, and/or VC spaces
- Experience in planning, implementing, and driving multiple projects at once
- Understanding of UX/UI frameworks Proficient in new technology (e.g. artificial intelligence), platforms and general digital marketplace
- Ability to clearly communicate technical requirements to engineers and developers
- Experience working in cross-functional teams
- Excellent interpersonal skills, and the ability to build and foster key business relationships
- Comfortable presenting and proposing new ideas to senior management
- Passion for working on consumer/fan-facing applications
- Excellent knowledge of basketball and a passion for the NBA and sports
- BA/BS required
- $180,000 to $190,000 per year