Hybrid at the NBA is defined as a role that is expected to be on-site Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday.
The Digital Content Development Manager will work closely with NBA content partners in the development and distribution of content that will drive the subscriber acquisition goals of NBA digital products (DTC). The role will create a cohesive consumer experience by facilitating the development and planning of a mix of internally generated content, original source creative, and community content.
- Develop content franchises for the NBA App and NBA.com, aligning with internal and Warner Media Discovery Sports personnel on content development process, distribution, and promotion.
- Have a strategic voice when it comes to daily & tentpole content- understanding all content assets that are available to deliver an outstanding fan experience; consistently reviewing analytics to get to efficient distribution for the NBA App, NBA.com.
- Collaborate with Content Creation personnel on what is needed around content creation needs for the mobile app, website and connected devices to ensure delivery of best-in-class content.
- Maintain dashboard on performance metrics for specific content series & franchises and optimize programming plans against key insights.
- Execute priorities for content development with a focus on seeing process through from pitch to publish.
- On-site editorial feature or content capture, when needed, around league-related events aimed at enhancing NBA digital products
- Work with Product & Digital Content Strategy on content reporting, testing & future product improvements
- Understand all content available (league, teams, affiliate leagues) to vet viable content franchises that would perform best on the respective platforms & in markets
- Assist in the marketing plans for tentpole content franchises.
- Deeply knowledgeable and passionate about all aspects of basketball, including but not limited to analytics, rules of the game, and key cultural touchpoints.
- Strong project management and interpersonal skills, with ability to take initiative in a high-reaching, fast-paced environment of multiple priorities
- Expert in how to best develop content that will be relevant for a global audience around the players, teams and game itself to showcase across digital and social channels Knowledgeable and curious about the social, digital, linear and direct-to-consumer landscape
- Familiarity with publishing operations in Content Management System (WordPress preferred)
- Knowledge of basketball analytics and the rules of the game
- Knowledge and understanding of social media platforms, including Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Instagram and Snapchat.
- Strong writing and communication skills, as well as ability to implement editorial judgment
- Ability and willingness to work on deadline and balance multiple tasks at once with a detailed and diligent approach
- Ability and willingness to work both independently and as part of a team
- This position will require some travel, as well as night & weekend work
- Ability to work cross-functionally in a global, matrix organization
- Proficiency in Excel, PowerPoint, and MS Word applications
- Familiarity with Airtable and Google Suite Must be able to nurture effective partnerships with external companies, representing the NBA in a manner that befits the organization, working to represent the NBA's interests, but in a way that acknowledges partners' goals as well
- Willingness and ability to engage with stakeholders (including senior executives), communicate insights and problem-solving in a flexible, professional manner
- Outstanding verbal, written, presentation and interpersonal skills
- Experience Needed Minimum of 3-5 years of experience in a social/content/digital role
- You have developed and planned content for digital or social platforms
- You understand digital analytics & trends to know the best types of content to use on respective platforms
- You have experience setting and meeting deadlines
- Track record for successfully driving digital audience/customer/fan growth and revenue through content across platforms for a direct-to-consumer brand.
- Subscription experience strongly preferred
- Prior expertise working in sports content required
- Bachelor's degree or production qualification required; preferably in content production or digital marketing or related discipline