We are accelerating and securing the energy transition sustainably and profitably.
Siemens Smart Infrastructure Grid Software is leading the way in this energy transformation with a comprehensive portfolio that addresses key challenges surrounding resiliency, reliability, affordability and security requirements for our customers.
Are you passionate about creating new possibilities?
This position is part of our Power Technologies International (PTI) team. PTI is our trusted advisor that takes a holistic approach, providing business advisory, technical consulting, and simulation software solutions. Join us in our mission to enable grid operators, along with industry and infrastructure companies, to accelerate and secure this energy transition in a sustainable and profitable way.
Work options include local or fully remote anywhere in the US.
It's your role, here's the part you can play:
We are seeking a Consulting Project Manager who will be responsible for leading and managing a wide variety of strategy and planning engagements focused on the digitization, electrification and decarbonization of the rapidly evolving energy markets. Responsibilities will include:
- Lead Integrated System Planning and Integrated Resource Planning studies.
- Develop long-term plans for the adoption of renewable generation, distributed energy resources, and other energy efficiency programs.
- Manage project teams of senior consultants, consultants, analysts and sub-contractors. And co-ordinates and, work with Forecasting, Risk Management, Fuel, Transmission and Distribution teams to incorporate long-range consideration into the optimal resource plans.
- Ensure efficient coordination, clear alignment with internal teams, and timely execution and delivery of project
- Contribute to the research and solution development of emerging issues surrounding the adoption of electric vehicles.
- Oversee deterministic and stochastic market simulations.
- Analyze the impact of current and future environmental, policy and economic regulations.
- Contribute and/or lead new order intake and business development, primarily for regulated utilities, unregulated subsidiaries of global electric utilities, regulatory agencies and global financial institutions.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience:
- 7+ years of consulting experience in the power/energy industry.
- Masters or PhD in Economics or other Applicable Technical Discipline a plus.
- In-depth knowledge of power market fundamentals, emerging energy technologies and trends, and simulation modeling.
- Ability to provide strong technical leadership / oversight for a wide range of economic and statistical analyses in the energy field
- Track record of successful project management for energy/power industry clients.
- Strong client facing, consulting skills, including excellent written, oral, analytical, and presentation skills required.
- Strong interpersonal skills and teamwork, expresses ideas in a clear and concise manner, both in written and oral communications.
- Experience with expansion plan and production cost economic modeling of alternative supply plans and resources to develop optimal portfolios, incorporating consideration of various scenarios and risks (e.g. fuel prices, electric market prices, reliability criteria, environmental requirements, technology development scenarios, etc.).
- Experience with Matlab and/or SQL coding and applications
- Experience with Transmission Planning and Analysis processes and systems (e.g., PSS/E)
- Strong quantitative background, by education and / or professional experience
We've got a lot to offer:
- An opportunity to work with innovative and modern technologies - products and services in the field of electrification, automation, and digitalization.
- Competitive compensation.
- Health, dental, and vision plans with options.
- Matching 401(k).
- Unlimited Flexible Time Off.
- Paid parental leave.
- Extensive product training and professional career development.
- Education and tuition reimbursement programs available.
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Full / Part time: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.