Please note: This is hybrid role. If not located in the Peachtree Corners GA area, it will require spending 1 week in GA about every 6 weeks.
The eMobility market is the growth market transforming the mobility and energy industries. Siemens is a market leader in the electrification of transportation, and we are looking for top talent to join us in continuing to drive this industry forward. Joining our team, you will have the chance to work in a start-up like environment within a large corporation, combining the vast resources Siemens can provide with the agility and flexibility such a dynamic market requires.
- This individual will support, develop, and promote company positions in industry codes and standards activities.
- Monitor external codes and standards activities that may impact the division’s business to assure the interests of the company are protected
- Potential to actively participate as a company expert and as an industry expert in the development of product standards and application requirements with North American and International industry standards organizations such as UL, SAE, EPRI, IEEE, SunSpec Alliance, OCA (OpenCharge Alliance), ISO,CSA, NEMA, ANSI, NFPA, ANCE, CANENA, and IEC
- Strategic Codes & Standards work
- Monitor trends and actions in standardization and code development
- Help to identify areas of within standards such as UL that may be strategic, offensively or defensively, for Siemens Industry, Inc.
- Develop and present detailed proposals and substantiation for code or standard submissions which may include thorough statistical and/or technical data and analysis
- Develop and present strategic responses to external proposals to support and promote the company's codes and standards policies and business strategies
- Technical Support
- Provide standards reference and interpretation support, as needed, to other groups within eMobility such as Engineering, Product Management, Marketing, etc.
- Provide pro-active support and guidance on present and future standards requirements affecting the design, testing, or certifications of Siemens Industry, Inc. products
- Provide standards identification, clarification, and updates, as needed, to various groups within Siemens as it relates to eMobility products/applications
- Write and/or assist writing company-wide ISO compliant procedures documenting UL requirements
- Maintain a list of applicable required standards for AC and DC EV Chargers in North America
- Work with test labs to create approved detailed test procedures for UL and other relevant standards that require certification
- Product Certifications (Conformity Assessment)
- Support the product certification process and certification records of the Business Unit
- For UL file changes: request quote, PO, submit paperwork, verify changes are done correctly
- Work with UL to draft CoC with usable information (ratings, special markings) and maintain records, e. upload to C&S SharePoint
- Create and/or direct documentation that facilitates the use of our products
- Represent the company with the primary Standards Development Organizations (SDOs)
- Underwriters Laboratories (UL)
- Canadian Standards Association (CSA)
- Actively work with these SDOs to develop and interpret certification requirements and resolve compliance issues
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- 3+ years experience (5+ years preferred) in the application, design, and manufacture of electrical distribution equipment
- Bachelors Degree in Engineering or related field
- Electrical, Mechanical, or Materials Engineering preferred
- Ability to influence and work with others both outside and inside the company
- Demonstrates and applies advanced knowledge of concepts, practices, and procedures for area of expertise.
- Ability to understand residential, commercial, and industrial business markets
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills are required to interact with customers, vendors, employees, and industry peers.
- Confidentiality – assignments may involve working with representatives from competitors
- Team player who works well in a collaborative work environment
- 10 to 30% domestic travel required (depending on standardization bodies’ requirements)
- Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States.
- Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- Prior or current representation of an EV Charging company in a standardization body is a plus
- Knowledge of Siemens Electrical Products Business Unit (eMobility) or related products in, but not limited to, the following areas:
- Familiarity with NFPA, UL, CSA, and other Standards Development Organization (SDO) standards
At Siemens, we are committed to an ownership culture, in which every employee takes personal responsibility for our company’s success.
Can you see yourself, learning, growing, and succeeding here? If so we would like to meet you!
We offer flexible vacation time, a matching 401K plan, profit sharing, full health, life, vision, and dental benefits.
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Full / Part time: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.