S&P Global’s Engineering Services division, is looking for a high-performing Customer Support Application Specialist home-based in Japan who can speak and read Japanes and English. Support would be for the complete suite of Engineering Solution products with the focus on Engineering Workbench and Goldfire. The ideal candidate will know the Windows architecture and basic infrastructure (server, storage, networks) in customer premise and public cloud environments.
What we are looking for
Our mission is to help customers grow by driving value, delivering world-class support, and providing a great customer experience. To achieve this goal, we’re looking for a new Customer Support Specialist to join our global support team. This is an opportunity to bring your experience along with a high level of curiosity and focus to Engineering Solutions products such as Engineering Workbench and Goldfire.
You will be working with customers in our APAC region, mostly Japanese, with the home office in Tokyo, Japan.
What you will be doing
As a Customer Care Support Specialist, you will join a team in helping to provide support for the Engineering Solutions products such as Engineering Workbench and Goldfire in operation, upgrades, configuration, and general usage. In this role, you will work in a multi-tier global team using our internal systems to ensure customer satisfaction and have direct customer interaction as a hands-on contributor.
- Support internal and external customers primarily in Japan, but also on supporting other APAC, AMER and EMEA regions to manage, configure, upgrade, and troubleshoot products.
- Take ownership of internal and external customer requests – technical, informational, change, properly diagnosing and prioritizing by severity and impact.
- Work with the multiple teams to drive timely resolution of issues within accepted service levels.
- Maintain strong lines of communication to internal and external customers, as well as leadership.
- Become an expert on individual customer business and technical environments so you can provide insights, e.g. usage, difficulties, licensing issues, expansion opportunities, etc.
- Telephone and web support on product navigation and usage.
Things we need
- Ability to speak and read Japanese as well as English.
- Solid, hands-on understanding of the Microsoft Environment (Windows Client and Server Operating Systems), IIS, Web browsers, and good knowledge of networking, Active Directory, LDAP, & MS SQL.
- Passion for building relationships with internal and external customers.
- Strong understanding of working in customer premise and public cloud environments.
- Outstanding verbal and written skills with the ability to articulate complex concepts to cross-functional technical and non-technical audiences in both Japanese and English.
- Experience in enterprise-class CRM – Salesforce, Remedy, etc.
Things that would be helpful, but not required
- Background or exposure to troubleshooting application integration to third-party platforms through API’s and SDK’s.
- Experience working and servicing large-scale customers in the Fortune 500 space.
Preferred experience and education
- 4+ years of customer-facing experience in an operational customer-facing support role.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field.
Location and Travel
This job has no travel requirements.
Equal Opportunity Employer
S&P Global is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race/ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, military veteran status, unemployment status, or any other status protected by law. Only electronic job submissions will be considered for employment.
If you need an accommodation during the application process due to a disability, please send an email to: EEO.Compliance@spglobal.com and your request will be forwarded to the appropriate person.
US Candidates Only: The EEO is the Law Poster http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf describes discrimination protections under federal law.
Job ID: 284864
Posted On: 2023-03-31
Location: Tokyo, Tokyo, Japan