Are you ready to design and create the machines and systems that drive the manufacturing economy? Our Siemens MT (Machine Tool) plays a key role in the growth of Siemens Motion Control products by offering CNC solutions for machine builders. This position can be located in Chicago, Detroit, or other cities with large airports in the Mid-West / East Coast with the opportunity to work remotely.
This is an exciting time for the business with expected continued growth over the next several years as we expand from traditional technologies such as milling and turning to new fields which include robots, fabrication, and additive machining. The Siemens SINUMERIK product line is the market leader in Machine Tool CNC motion control technology and its performance and design is unmatched in the industry.
In this position you will be offered the opportunity to interact directly with machine builders, account managers, and other colleagues nationally and globally. It offers an ambitious position with many opportunities for career development and diversification, and it offers a truly collaborative and pleasurable work environment. This is a diverse role both in terms of the technical processes but also the contact points at both customers as well as within the greater Siemens organization.
We are looking for a team-oriented person with strong ambitious spirit and desire to contribute to crafting the direction of a thriving and growing organization. With the proper talent and drive, Siemens can launch new careers and deliver on aspirations.
• The primary role of the Consulting Engineer is supporting machine builders adapting Siemens platforms onto their machine designs including Plasma, Laser, Wood, and Stone cutting machines.
• Serves as the Siemens Machine Tool organizations’ expert for Fabrication topics within the USA.
• The key technology is SINUMERIK CNC, SIMATIC PLC, and Shop floor information systems.
• The job roles include support of business development, technical consultation, solutions development, solutions test, and follow-up down to the final user.
• Effectively communicate, prioritize, and facilitate the needs of the customers while collaborating with internal team members including Account Managers, Control Engineers, Business Development, Product Management and Field Service.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
Must possess demonstrated ability to work across functions to drive value into market; must have demonstrated ability to successfully apply complex knowledge of fundamental concepts, practices, and procedures for Fabrication Machines.
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
• BS/BA in technical fields (Electrical or Mechanical Engineering degree), or advanced degree preferred.
• 6+ Years’ experience as a controls engineer in the CNC Machine Tool or Fabrication Machine industries including knowledge of fabrication machine systems and processes (e.g. laser/plasma cutting, laser welding, tube bending/cutting, sheet metal bending/punching, wood & stone fabrication).
• A detailed understanding of the Fabrication Industry and the different sub-segment machine types.
• Knowledge and experience with key technologies leveraged by fabrication machine systems (e.g. nesting, shopfloor programming, motion control)
• The ability to travel 50%
At Siemens, we are committed to an ownership culture, in which every employee takes personal responsibility for our company’s success. We utilize lean principles and seek to continually improve our processes and customers’ experience.
Can you see yourself, learning, growing, and succeeding here? If so we'd like to meet you!
We offer flexible vacation time, a matching 401K plan, profit sharing, full health, life, vision and dental benefits.
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Full / Part time: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.