Siemens Large Drives is looking for a Quality Engineer who will analyze sophisticated production and field quality trend data to identify and solve problems. Provides direct customer support by leading 8D teams to resolve field failures through our 8D process, fulfill warranty request approvals through the warranty process, and proactively supports the products through continuous improvement change requests within the Sinamics Perfect Harmony Product Teams. You will perform economic implication analyses, prepare reports of findings to internal and external customers, and carry out or facilitate complicated Implementation and training assignments.Responsibilities:
- Perform internal and customer-requested 8D Root Cause Analyses and Reporting
- Maintain and Continuously Improve the factory through reduction of Nonconformance Costs.
- Ensure efficient 8D process through accurate reporting and management of overall process and ensure that RCAs are done in a professional manner.
- Support IMS Quality System programs to ensure system compliance to Siemens, Registrar, and Customer requirements.
- Perform IMS Quality System Internal Audits
- Support with Q-Methods like FMEA, Fishbone, Fault Tree Analytics, Risk Analysis etc to find sustainable problem solutions
- Identify, analyze, and track product and process related quality problems in the field. Provide feedback of the results of analysis of c=CRM, PLM, and SCM (e.g. as part of FMEA or Design Reviews)
- BS in Engineering or similar technical degree, Electrical / Mechanical Engineering subject areas preferred.
- Technologies: Drive Technologies, reliability, fabrication and assembly technologies
- Methodologies- 8D / Root Cause Analysis reports, presentation techniques, facilitation, FMEA, Fault Tree, risk analysis, field quality analytics
- Preferred Professional Knowledge- 8D / or structured RCA mythology, auditing, project management, supplier management, risk management, PLM SCM process, ASQ Certified Quality Engineer or Certified Reliability Engineer is helpful.
- BS in Engineering Discipline or advanced degree, Electrical or Mechanical preferred
Minimum 2-5 years of successful experience in related field and successful demonstration of Key
At Siemens, we are committed to an ownership culture, in which every employee takes personal responsibility for our company’s success. We utilize lean principles and seek to continually improve our processes and customers’ experience.Why you’ll love working at Siemens
- Competitive compensation (salary and bonus) based on qualifications
- Medical, dental, prescription and vision coverage, first day of employment
- Matching 401(k) (immediate employer match)
- Competitive paid time off plan, paid holidays, and floating holidays
- Career development opportunities
- Education and tuition reimbursement programs available
- Flexibility to work remote a few days a week
- Paid parental leave
Who designs your future? You do.
Organization: Portfolio Companies
Company: Siemens Large Drives LLC
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Full / Part time: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.