Siemens Mobility has been a leading supplier of mobility for over 160 years. Our core business includes rail vehicles, automation, electrification solutions, turnkey systems, and related services. We have always been innovative in making traveling faster, safer, and more comfortable. Today, we need answers to new challenges such as climate change and rising populations worldwide. That's what drives us. That's why we shape mobility with passion, always one step ahead. Our 39,600 employees are pioneers in mobility who help to keep the world moving.
The Assembler is responsible for assembling component parts for rail signaling and communications equipment. Specific duties and responsibilities include:
- Assembly of component parts with use of assembly prints and Bill of Materials.
- Wire crimping, crimping, stripping, soldering.
- Maintain equipment in proper working order, maintain and improve work area order and cleanliness.
- Perform required function using the standard work instructions provided.
- Perform work in a safe and healthy manner, ensuring deviations to standard work instructions that will lead to quality, productivity, or safety problems are immediately identified.
- Actively participate in cell meetings in order to understand customer & production needs, quality challenges as well as other key issues.
- Packaging and shipping of products.
- Verify product assembly through use of ‘Go/No Go’ fixtures.
- Identify and communicate ideas to cell leaders that support improving the cell's performance & the elimination of waste.
- Use the cell's visual boards as a means for communicating challenges to your cell as well as a vehicle for receiving information on KPI for our cell.
- Participate in kaizen and other cell improvement teams.
- Use kanban methodology, stocking material.
- Attends Company meetings as required.
- Reading tags and operation of tag machine.
- Support other assembly production requirements.
Physical Requirements and Work Environment
- Ability to utilize power tools, hand tools, machinery, and equipment required to perform job.
- Ability to occasionally lift and carry minimal weights from 2 to 50 lbs.
- Ability to stand for extended periods of time.
- Ability to occasionally climb heights of 5 - 15 feet on a ladder.
- Ability to occasionally twist.
- This position requires working in the internal environment.
- This position requires working in an environment with reasonable minimum factory exposure to noise,
Education and Requirements
- High school diploma.
- Must be able to read work instructions, schematics, assembly drawings, and prints.
- Must be able to understand the English language in order to understand verbal instructions.
- Previous experience in Mechanical Assembly preferred.
- Previous soldering skills may be required. (Training and Test will be provided)
- Previous Electronic experience in PCB assembly and/or cable assembly may be required.
Why you'll love working for Siemens!
- Freedom and healthy work-life balance– Health, Dental, and Vision Insurance, HSA/FSA, Commuter Benefits – starting Day 1!
- Solve the world's most significant problems – Be part of exciting and innovative projects.
- Engaging, challenging, and fast-evolving, pioneering technological environment.
- Competitive total rewards package.
- Please contribute to our social responsibility initiatives focused on access to education, access to technology, sustaining communities, and making a positive impact on the community.
- Opportunities to contribute your innovative ideas and get paid for them! Please take advantage of our Tuition Reimbursement program, Mentor Programs, and your development through online learning.
- Employee perks and discounts in addition to our 401k match and generous Paid Time Off
- Diversity and inclusivity focused – Just named on the Forbes 2022 Best Employers for Diversity list!
While we appreciate all applications we receive, we advise that only candidates under consideration will be contacted.
Siemens offers a variety of health and wellness benefits to employees. Details regarding our benefits can be found here: https://www.benefitsquickstart.com/siemens/index.html. The base rate for this position in Marion, Kentucky is $16.00/hr.
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: Siemens Mobility, Inc
Experience Level: Early Professional
Full / Part time: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.