Get ready to put your training into practice with the Physician Pathways Program at Optum. As a part of the Optum network, WellMed Medical Group is seeking career-minded final-year Residents and Fellows ready to get a head start on their clinical career with a forward-thinking organization that is transforming the future of care. At Optum, we are transforming healthcare nationally while providing physician-led care locally. Work with the largest care delivery organization in the world and start doing your life’s best work.(sm)
- Receive a generous guaranteed salary in your final year of training
- Enhance the experience of your final months of training and eliminate the burden of job searching
- Learn how to operate and thrive in a value-based care model in a system that is driving population health initiatives
- Grow exposure to the Quadruple Aim framework (improving patient satisfaction, lowering costs, delivering quality outcomes, and increasing provider satisfaction) and various understandings of care settings
- Mentorship from experienced physicians within your future practice easing transition from training into practice
- The customized program will be completed at WellMed and/or virtually with deep exposure to primary care that will require a commitment of only a few hours per month
What makes an Optum organization different?
- Our care model limits daily volume to allow our providers the time needed to provide quality care to their patients
- We offer clinical and leadership growth and stability second to none
- Providers are supported to practice at the peak of their license
- We are influencing change on a national scale while maintaining the culture and community of our local care organizations
- As one of the most dynamic and progressive health care organization in the country, Optum consistently delivers clinical outcomes that meet or exceed national standards
- We promote a culture of clinical innovation and transformation
- We are a top performer of the Quadruple Aim initiative in Texas
At WellMed our focus is simple. We're innovators in preventative health care, striving to change the face of health care for seniors. WellMed has more than 22,000+ primary care physicians, hospitalists, specialists, and advanced practice clinicians who excel in caring for 900,000+ older adults across Texas and Florida. WellMed is a Medicare Advantage Plan that operates as a health system focused on Quality/Value Based Outcomes
- M.D. or D.O.
- Must be transitioning into their final year of residency or fellowship or early into their final year
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential job function of this role. Candidates located in states that mandate COVID-19 booster doses must also comply with those state requirements. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state, and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination, and boosters when applicable, prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) fluency
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies now require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles require full COVID-19 vaccination as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in a rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment.
Would you thrive with Optum?
- Do you practice evidence-based medicine?
- Are you seeking a practice focused on patient-centered quality care, not volume?
- Are you a team player – comfortable delegating and empowering teams?
- Are you constantly seeking better ways to do things?
- Do you want to be part of something better?
At UnitedHealth Group, our mission is to help people live healthier lives and make the health system work better for everyone. We believe everyone–of every race, gender, sexuality, age, location and income–deserves the opportunity to live their healthiest life. Today, however, there are still far too many barriers to good health which are disproportionately experienced by people of color, historically marginalized groups and those with lower incomes. We are committed to mitigating our impact on the environment and enabling and delivering equitable care that addresses health disparities and improves health outcomes — an enterprise priority reflected in our mission.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.