Location:LOC9008: Collins Aerospace Ireland limited, 4th Floor, Penrose Business Center, Penrose Wharf, Cork - Ireland
Position Role Type:Unspecified
Collins Aerospace, a Raytheon Technologies company, is a leader in technologically advanced and intelligent solutions for the global aerospace and defense industry. Collins Aerospace has the capabilities, comprehensive portfolio, and expertise to solve customers’ toughest challenges and to meet the demands of a rapidly evolving global market.
Collins Aerospace makes modern flight possible. Of course, that wouldn’t be possible without the capabilities and technologies of our organization, as well as our engineers – a highly skilled, accomplished network that spans more than 180 sites, 24 countries and 6 Strategic Business Units (SBUs).
Our industry-leading experts are setting the standards for the aerospace industry and paving the way for the future. But as new challenges present themselves, we need fresh, creative, and motivated minds to overcome these hurdles, help us break barriers and achieve new levels of innovation. Do you have what it takes to join a global, diverse organization that doesn’t shy away from big opportunities? If so, we invite you to join our ranks and create the next generation of aerospace technologies.
Together, we will nurture an engineering culture that values intellectual curiosity, risk takers and integrity. A place where we will challenge ourselves, our teams, and the status quo and where we will work to find a way – the right way – to achieve what others can only dream of.
The Collins Aerospace Applied Research & Technology organization seeks candidates with proven research credentials in wireless system design to join the Connected & Real-time Systems Group in Cork, Ireland. The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate a strong mix of academic background and applied experience in the design, prototyping, and demonstration of innovative wireless SDR-based communications systems and their related networks, and a passion for applying these skills within the aerospace domain.
This is a research-focused role to shape future aerospace technologies. Successful candidates should be able to demonstrate outstanding track records applicable to one or more of:
- Analysis, simulation, and prototyping of modulation, waveform coding, interference management, error correction, and channel estimation techniques for wireless, wired, or optical communication systems, in both indoor and outdoor environments.
- Dynamic optimization of network architecture & orchestration of resources within high-assurance wireless networks to minimize co-interference or adapt to channel conditions.
- Prototyping and evaluation of high-assurance SDR-based communication system for RF frequencies up to 6 GHz on high-performance FPGA-based SDR platforms.
- Advanced waveform processing, networking, and communication techniques for compact radar, UWB, or millimetric systems.
Key Job Responsibilities
- Contribute to a growing research agenda for future aerospace systems within the Collins Aerospace Advanced Technology research community.
- Execute R&D activities within an international research community, including technology development within collaborative multi-national research programs.
- Provide competitive advantage for Collins Aerospace business units as part of a multidisciplinary and international team of experts.
- Contribute towards technical strategy and business development.
Qualifications & Competencies
- Motivated self-starter with a strong enthusiasm to learn and passion for speed and agility.
- Well-organized with excellent interpersonal, leadership and communication skills to work in international teams.
- Willing to champion and challenge new technical ideas and adapt to new challenges beyond original field of expertise.
- Able to partner with universities, government agencies, national labs, and professional organizations to meet organizational objectives within time and budget constraints.
Education & Experience
- A PhD in Computer Science, Electrical or Computer Engineering, with a few years of industrial or postdoctoral experience.
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms