- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, a related field, or equivalent practical experience.
- Experience with the design and implementation of distributed systems.
- Experience with cloud-native application development using open source building blocks such as Docker, Ansible, Terraform, Kafka, Cassandra, Kong, etc.
- Experience with Kubernetes, Google Kubernetes Engine (GKE), or similar.
- Experience with public cloud, including Google Cloud Platform (GCP).
- Experience with VMWare in an enterprise environment.
- Knowledge of private and public cloud design considerations and limitations in the areas of virtualization, global infrastructure, distributed systems, load balancing, and networking.
- Excellent technical leadership, project management, problem solving, and troubleshooting skills.
Google Cloud's software engineers develop the next-generation technologies that change how billions of users connect, explore, and interact with information and one another. We're looking for engineers who bring fresh ideas from all areas, including information retrieval, distributed computing, large-scale system design, networking and data storage, security, artificial intelligence, natural language processing, UI design and mobile; the list goes on and is growing every day. As a software engineer, you will work on a specific project critical to Google Cloud's needs with opportunities to switch teams and projects as you and our fast-paced business grow and evolve. You will anticipate our customer needs and be empowered to act like an owner, take action and innovate. We need our engineers to be versatile, display leadership qualities and be enthusiastic to take on new problems across the full-stack as we continue to push technology forward.
The Google Cloud VMware Engine enables customers running on-premises VMware workloads to seamlessly migrate to Google Cloud without having to re-architect or refactor their applications. This allows them to leverage the value of their existing VMware investments while maintaining operational continuity and avoiding data center management, hardware refreshes, and procurement cycles.
In this role, you will mainly focus on control plane development using Google tools and standards with the aim of eventual merging the CloudSimple stack with internal Cloud Bare Metal efforts.
Google Cloud accelerates organizations’ ability to digitally transform their business with the best infrastructure, platform, industry solutions and expertise. We deliver enterprise-grade solutions that leverage Google’s cutting-edge technology – all on the cleanest cloud in the industry. Customers in more than 200 countries and territories turn to Google Cloud as their trusted partner to enable growth and solve their most critical business problems.
- Design and build large-scale distributed systems.
- Lead the implementation and delivery of projects and programs.
- Provide technical leadership, judgment, and guidance to individuals, local teams, peer teams across the product locations.
- Own tech solutions, roadmap, and decisions in the Control Plane layer.
- Represent Control Plane layer in the discussion with peer domains.