The Principal Engineer will be a senior technical expert involved in the design and implementation of our cloud data platform. They will work closely with Architects, DevOps, Data Engineers, and Quality Engineers to ensure alignment and improve our ability to deliver. The Principal Engineer needs to have knowledge of all the different aspects of technical delivery for a cloud data platform as well as the ability to understand and translate business requirements into robust technical solutions.
- Strong understanding of GCP environment and offerings
- Experience in at least 2 sizeable GCP projects as a Senior Engineer or Architect
- Strong in Data Architecture and Data Management (Catalog, Modelling, ETL, Data Warehousing trends) – Data Warehouses, Data Lake, RDBMS, Data Governance, Data Quality, Data Lineage
- Strong Hands-on experience in native services like BigQuery, DataFlow, Cloud Storage, Cloud Functions, Cloud Composer, APIs (with multiple technologies like Python, .net etc.)
- Aware of other services and frameworks and how they can be used to solve problems
- Understand and guide the current architecture and work directly with Scrum teams to implement and improve the Data Platform.
- Candidates should be flexible / willing to work across all phases of delivery. Solution design, POC, development and testing. Able to support multiple Scrum teams in various locations, both domestic and international.
- You will be responsible for working closely with the development leads, architects, and team members to design and review the end-to-end solution, take on hands-on development of the technically complex components to help the development teams, and help in troubleshooting technical issues.
- You will assist Scrum teams with the adoption of new technologies and share your knowledge and mentor team members.
- You are responsible for the management and mitigation of technical risks, ensuring that the data platform can be realistically delivered by the underlying technology components in a high-performing way.
- Be the go-to person for the Scrum teams in case of any questions/issues and help drive the teams in the right direction.
- Own and communicate technical architecture and implementation.
- Provide cost optimization strategies for the implementation
- Should be able to contribute to developing code along with scrum teams.
Required Skills and Experience
- At least 7-10 years overall experience, with minimum 3 years relevant experience in similar roles.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Math or related fields.
- Strong data engineering skills and GCP services.
- Solid background in cloud-first environments and building cloud-native platforms.
- Hands-on, "roll up your sleeves" collaborative style of working.
- Experience consuming data from a variety of sources (various APIs, microservices, event streams, etc.).
- Experience in Automotive industry is a plus, and curiosity is a requirement.
Equal Opportunity Employer
S&P Global is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race/ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, military veteran status, unemployment status, or any other status protected by law. Only electronic job submissions will be considered for employment.
If you need an accommodation during the application process due to a disability, please send an email to: EEO.Compliance@spglobal.com and your request will be forwarded to the appropriate person.
US Candidates Only: The EEO is the Law Poster http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf describes discrimination protections under federal law.
Job ID: 284314
Posted On: 2023-04-06
Location: Gurgaon, Haryana, India