Headquartered in Wendell, NC (20 miles East of downtown Raleigh, NC), the Electrification & Automation (EA) Business Unit has a diverse portfolio of products including but not limited to electric-vehicle chargers, low voltage motor control centers, compact modular reclosers, distribution switches, medium voltage switchgear, medium voltage circuit breakers, power monitoring, power quality, and protective relays.
- Siemens EA is looking for a Manufacturing Technician for our Wendell factory that produce high-quality, engineered and make-to-order power distribution equipment. The Manufacturing Technician is responsible for manufacturing capability, continuity, and continuous improvement. This includes documentation and performance measurement of manufacturing processes, new product introduction, improvements to production lines, capital expenditures, cost savings measures and fixture design.
- Plans and executes assigned own repair and test projects.
- Communicates and cooperates with customer service, quality, customer or supplier directly to identify and resolve malfunctionalties.
- Analyzes technical problems with the product, and completes mechanical and/or electrical repairs and work orders.
- Executes ramp up, set up and start procedures in order to test products, machines and equipment to ensure appropriate functionality.
- Contributes to installation projects on site, and support accountable Industrial Engineers.
- Supports maintenance of technical documentations of processes and equipment.
- Supports developing and implementing methods for sampling, inspection, testing and evaluation of products
- Work with Quality management team to ensure appropriate quality control processes are implemented across the different product lines.
- May advise junior staff technically.
- Ability to measure, design/specify and install production fixtures and equipment
- At least 2 years in a manufacturing environment
- High School diploma or GED
- Experience with computer programming and/or database management
- Experience simulating manufacturing systems and processes
- Practical experience training others on Engineering topics including Bill of materials, Engineering drawings, equipment and tooling usage and maintenance, and safety.
- Proficiency in data collection and analysis
- Lean manufacturing techniques
- AutoCAD or similar
- Experience with SAP or similar MRP system
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher in Industrial, Manufacturing, or Mechanical Engineering (Or Equivalent Experience) desired
At Siemens, we are committed to an ownership culture, in which every employee takes personal responsibility for our company’s success. We utilize lean principles and seek to continually improve our processes and customers’ experience.
Can you see yourself, learning, growing, and succeeding here? If you are a people-person who loves the rewarding challenge of building a brand, we want to hear from you. If so, we'd like to meet you!
We offer flexible vacation time, a matching 401K plan, profit sharing, full health, life, vision, dental benefits, and much more.
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Full / Part time: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.