At Stryker we are dedicated to improving lives, with a passion for researching and developing new medical device products. As an engineer at Stryker, you will be proud of the work that you will be doing, using cutting-edge technologies to make healthcare better. Here, you will work in a supportive culture with other incredibly talented and intelligent people, creating industry-leading medical technology products. You will also have growth opportunities as we have a culture that supports your personal and professional development.
Need another reason to apply? Check out these 8 reasons to join Stryker's engineering team: https://www.strykercareersblog.com/post/8-reasons-to-join-strykers-engineering-team
We are proud to be named one of the World’s Best Workplaces and a Best Workplace for Diversity by Fortune Magazine! Learn more about our award-winning organization by visiting stryker.com
Our benefits include bonuses; commissions; healthcare; insurance benefits; retirement programs; stock based plans; family and parenting leaves; tuition reimbursement; wellness programs; onsite fitness centers and cafeterias; discount purchase programs; and service and performance awards – not to mention various social and recreational activities.
Who we want-
- Analytical problem solvers. People who go beyond just fixing to identify root causes, evaluate optimal solutions, and recommend comprehensive upgrades to prevent future issues.
- Collaborative partners. People who build and leverage cross-functional relationships to bring together ideas, data and insights to drive continuous improvement in functions.
- Detail-oriented process improvers. Critical thinkers who naturally see opportunities to develop and optimize work processes – finding ways to simplify, standardize and automate.
Stryker Medical is seeking to hire a Senior Staff Controls Engineer to support manufacturing in Portage, Michigan.
What you will do-
- Provide technical support and coverage for the equipment within Stryker Medical Plant specifically related to electrical, control and PLC subsystems
- Provide technical production support including troubleshooting of complex manual, semi-automated and automated manufacturing equipment
- Execute small/medium manufacturing projects including machine automation and PLC control projects including equipment capacity, part transfers, cost reduction projects
- Support equipment purchases following established standards in regards to electrical, control and control system sub-components and equipment
- Work directly with vendors on tooling, process improvements for existing or new applications
- Mentor other process specialists, engineers and technicians to expand knowledgebase of electrical, controls and machine design
- Partner with maintenance, engineering and tool room to address line-down issues regarding equipment and process issues and non-conformances
- Program numerous pieces of numerical code and/or PLC controlled metal fabrication, assembly, finishing and manufacturing equipment
- Assist in validation activities within engineering team, including periodic reviews, equipment qualifications, process validations, production part approval process
What you need-
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering required
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical or Computer Engineering - preferred
- 6+ years related work experience including manufacturing controls, software, programming or electrical engineering required
- Previous mechanical, electrical and P&ID documentation experience required
- Direct experience with PLC programming, troubleshooting, debugging, and maintenance required
- Industrial Automation Application/Software knowledge required
- Rockwell Automation software knowledge - highly preferred
Other Preferred Qualifications:
- Inductive Automation Ignition
- Siemens Step 7-Micro/WIN
- Rockwell Automation Connected Components Workbench
- SQL Server Management Studio
- Qt Designer
- FANUC Robot Programming (WeldPRO, PaintPRO)
- Industrial Equipment hardwire design (safety circuits, power circuits, etc)
- Cleco mProRemote Professional
- Cognex In-Sight Explorer & Datamax
- Keyence SZ-V Configurator
- Automation Direct C-more Programming Software
- Computer Networking (Wireshark, CISCO switch configuration)
Stryker is one of the world’s leading medical technology companies and, together with our customers, is driven to make healthcare better.
The company offers innovative products and services in Medical and Surgical, Neurotechnology, Orthopedics, and Spine that help improve patient and healthcare outcomes. Alongside its customers around the world, Stryker impacts more than 100 million patients annually.
More information is available at stryker.com