From digitalization to electrification and automation, Siemens is changing the world you live in and the places you work. Being part of our company lets you solve complex challenges, every day. Our people help to move the world forward. We are 311,000 innovators creating a new vision for the next generation.
Siemens identified the Digital Transformation in the manufacturing industry as a strategic market with significant growth potential. Digitalization related to CNC Machine Tools encompasses software tools that help machine builders and machine users reduce engineering time, increase productivity, monitor machine performance, and optimize machine maintenance.
Our Machine Tool Systems Segment is searching for a Digitalization software Business Developer to engage with Machine Tool Builders and their distribution channels in the US market. The main task is – working closely together with our sales team - to identify and pursue opportunities with existing customers who use already Siemens CNC controls, and selected builders who use other control brands. The goal is establishing Siemens as a major player in this growing market and driving preference for Siemens technology.
Reporting to the Business Development Manager within the Siemens Machine Tool Business, we are looking for a driven, highly motivated, successful, future focused individual with diverse background in manufacturing, industrial software, CNC machine tools, CNC control systems and Automation technology.
The ideal candidate has a strong technical background in software for industrial manufacturing, is a true team player, has excellent communication skills, will be a curious, self-driven individual open to new ways of conducting business in a rapidly changing business environment. The long-term success of Siemens originates from hard work as a team across a matrix organization, passion for Siemens’ advanced technology offerings and deeply caring for our customers success.
This position has great exposure to our management in the US and to our headquarters in Europe, and thus provides excellent opportunities for talents with career aspirations within Siemens domestically and globally.
Siemens has fully adopted to the new way of working. This position will provide a great balance of working remotely and occasionally spending time in some of the Siemens’ offices. Travel is estimated at 50%-60%.
· Define the Siemens Go-To Market strategy for the US; then adjust as markets change.
· Develop strategic account plans to ensure achievement of set business goals.
· Promote Siemens technology to the targeted industry.
· Work together with the Siemens Account Management team, and customers directly to identify opportunities. Act as key point of contact for Sales teams for campaign knowledge and support.
· Closely interface with our US based Digitalization Software team (products, order processing, technical support).
· Assist targeted machine tool builders throughout the project implementation.
· Utilize synergies with other Business Developers in the team to maximize the share of wallet for Siemens.
· Provide feedback to Product Management regarding technology requirements to help shape our future product portfolio.
· Team up with other Siemens departments to ensure the highest level of support for the customers.
· Report business status to Siemens US Management and Siemens headquarters.
Required Knowledge, Skills, Education, and Experience:
- 5+ years’ experience in the CNC machine industry
- Strong technical background in shop floor management software tools
- 3+ years of business development experience in Industrial Manufacturing with track record of successes and performance
- Great communication-, stakeholder and relationship management skills
- Working in a matrix team environment
- Entrepreneurial thinking and follow through in developing new opportunities
- High level of self-driven decision-making abilities guided by set business targets
- Technical / business degree or equivalent experience
- Core Industrial automation experience, especially motion control
- Individual must possess a valid driver’s license in good standing
- Travel: 50%-60%
Preferred Knowledge, Skills, Education, and Experience:
- Strong network in US machine building industry
- Validated expertise in developing account business plans and strategic customer approaches.
- Executive Level Engagement
- Complex system selling / value selling
What you will receive:
• Long-term career options!
• Competitive base salary with incentive bonus plan based on a set of KPI’s
• New way of working: working remotely where applicable widely accepted across Siemens globally
• Medical/Prescription/Dental/Vision/Life Insurance
• 401K Retirement Savings Plan with 6% match
• Short & long-term disability insurance
• Six weeks paid parental leave for parents
• Flexible paid time-off policy
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Full / Part time: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.