Siemens Large Drives is looking a Utility Worker for our Kansas City, MO, Motor Repair Shop. In this role you will assist with any of the mechanical, electrical, and manual operations as the need arises. Perform the less complex and repetitive operations where methods and procedures are established. Reports to shop supervisor and takes direction from shop leads.Responsibilities
- Receive oral or written instructions from supervisor or designated representatives
- Assist in dismantling, repairing, winding and reassembly of motors, generators, transformers, electrical and mechanical devices
- Maintain hot solution tanks for cleaning parts, fill other equipment reservoirs
- Set up and operate coil making equipment as taught by fellow employees
- Hand or machine tape form coils
- Strip and clean a variety of electrical and mechanical apparatus and related parts
- Record winding and connection data from standard motors when stripping
- Loan and unload burnout oven; set controls, etc
- Tape connections on leads of transformers
- Grind tanks, covers, and cases for welding as required
- Clean and paint plant equipment and machinery
- Mask off and spray repair equipment such as motors, generators, transformers, etc.
- Perform work on customer’s premises as required
- Use all required safety equipment and follow established safety practices
- Keep work are neat, clean, and orderly
- Perform field work as required
- 2-3 years of experience and or equivalent education in motor repair and service
- Must have the physical ability to perform work required
- Must be able to read and understand all drawings and Bill of Materials related to coils
- Ability to read a tape measure
- Ability to perform basic mathematical calculations
- Ability to operate various powered hand tools – (drills, grinders, impact drivers, etc.)
In this section, please outline exactly what knowledge/skills, education, and experiences are preferred but NOT required to be considered for this position.
- Preferred education and focus (if applicable)
- Preferred past experience (including number of years)
- Preferred knowledge, skills, or expertise
- Prior experience in a machining and manufacturing environment.
At Siemens, we are committed to an ownership culture, in which every employee takes personal responsibility for our company’s success. We utilize lean principles and seek to continually improve our processes and customers’ experience.Why you’ll love working at Siemens
- Competitive compensation (salary and bonus) based on qualifications
- Medical, dental, prescription and vision coverage, first day of employment
- Matching 401(k) (immediate employer match)
- Competitive paid time off plan, paid holidays, and floating holidays
- Career development opportunities
- Education and tuition reimbursement programs available
- Flexibility to work remote a few days a week
- Paid parental leave
Who designs your future? You do.
Organization: Portfolio Companies
Company: Siemens Large Drives LLC
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Full / Part time: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.