Why should you join the Siemens team?
Siemens is a globally diversified engineering powerhouse. An opportunity such as this can open doors to engineering practices and businesses preparing you for a great future with potential in so many types of fields in almost any location you ever dreamed of exploring!
At Siemens, we live and foster an ownership culture, in which every employee takes personal responsibility for our company’s success. We trust and empower our leaders to act as owners, self-direct their teams, and innovate to succeed. We communicate openly and honestly to learn from our failures and celebrate our successes. We recognize individual and team achievements frequently. We invest in our team members, offering a wide variety of internal and external development opportunities.
What you will do for Siemens Smart Infrastructure (SI):
Siemens Smart Infrastructure (SI) is currently searching for an experienced Branch General Manager to lead, manage, and oversee strategy, sales and operational activities for the Minneapolis Branch. The Branch Manager deploys and motivates staff to achieve sales, installation and/or service delivery activities and assures that branch employees leverage available resources appropriately such as Finance partners, HR, Legal, Procurement, Employee Health and Safety, and Field Operations Standards / Sales Standards / Business Excellence. This highly visible position develops and maintains personal contact with new and current major customers at the executive level to maximize opportunities and ensure customer satisfaction. Target revenue achievement for the branch is greater than $20 million annually.
- Collaborates with zone management regarding branch strategies, plans, performance and other pertinent conditions
- Leads the implementation of the Smart Infrastructure strategy within the Minneapolis market
- Leads the implementation of business target agreements at the branch level
- Employs a balanced scorecard approach with equal emphasis on employee engagement, customer satisfaction and loyalty, and shareholder commitments
- Routinely provides accurate orders, revenue and profit forecasts, delivers to annual budget requirements, oversees cost control, asset management as well as other financial deliverables
- Manages workforce utilization planning for sales, service operations, and support functions to ensure effective staffing for current and future business needs
- Develops and maintains personal contact with new and current major customers to maximize opportunities and ensure customer satisfaction and provides support for current and future projects or service contracts
- Fosters profitable growth through definition and implementation of team-selling strategies that expand SI business with existing customers and/or penetrate new accounts
- Assumes responsibility for employee engagement, safety and retention
- Ensures all managers and supervisors foster career development for themselves and their employees
- Develops branch employee's commitment to customer satisfaction and promotes positive Siemens employer branding and reputation
- Ensures compliance with all federal and local rules and regulations applicable to Minneapolis as well as all company policies and procedures. Support compliance protocol under the SI Compliance Officer
- Acts as a company representative and liaison to customers and local authorities to capitalize on local market opportunities
- Represents Siemens SI to customers, thought leaders, and market influencers within the Minneapolis market
- The Branch Manager may work with other divisions in order to provide comprehensive customer solutions across Siemens’ products and services
- Directs the implementation of branch sales and operational solutions and services programs, workflow standards, quality and productivity, safety programs, best practices, and other initiatives
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Business Administration, Marketing or other related field, or equivalent work experience
- 7+ years sales and operations management experience with a demonstrated ability to lead, motivate, and direct personnel toward achievement of a common goal within the fire, security, or building automation industry
- P&L management experience with demonstrated results in delivering performance to budget
- Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States without need for current or future employer-sponsored work authorization.
- Individual must possess a valid driver's license with limited violations
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Full / Part time: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.