Pioneering in America, from the first mile to the last. This is what drives us.
For 175 years, Siemens has been an integral provider of infrastructure, electrification, and transportation solutions in the United States. Open new lines and increase capacity, cut costs, and link networks: high-performance, pioneering Rail Electrification meets all the expectations of Rail Infrastructure operators today. It's a central component of the end-to-end networked digital infrastructure of tomorrow. We offer products and services extending along the entire Rail Electrification value chain to improve the quality of everyday life for millions worldwide. We have recently been named Fast Company's Best Workplaces for Innovators!
We seek to hire a VP of Freight Sales for North America, requiring approximately 25% travel and an occasional trip to Europe.
Aside from leading your team of 12-14 direct reports, you will have significant interaction and collaboration (internally) with Executive Leadership, Sales, Finance, Project Management, Service, and Business Management. Your primary responsibilities will be:
- To develop and orchestrate Freight Sales strategy through a thorough understanding of market potential, NAM go-to-market strategy, and establishing targets for NAM while developing a pricing strategy and correct order forecast.
- Formulate and implement long-term sales plans and growth forecasts aligned with sales strategy.
- Implement sales guidelines and targets for the organization.
We seek someone with proven experience and skills working on sophisticated projects in the rail industry. Ideally, you have an Engineering and Business background with validated experience generating financial analyses and making decisions on allocating resources throughout the projects. Outstanding time management skills are vital in this role as it is necessary for balancing multiple regional requests simultaneously.
- Heads overall organization assigned and leads all related management and staff.
- Manages completion of budgets and regular sales reporting.
- Cooperates with Marketing, Product and Project Management in strategic and tactical product and service positioning matters.
- Drives customer focus within the organization and initiates/contributes to planning product development measures or setting up customer-related projects.
- May support strategic vital customers' business development.
- Successful hands-on experience within rail transport focused on rail products, platforms, and solutions.
- Proven experience with multi-year and multi-million-dollar successful project leadership.
- Externally recognized technology specialist in the respective field who uses their network.
- Team Management and Development
- Financial budgeting and reporting, with an understanding of risk management.
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret industry and product-related technical information.
- Give informative and professional assistance when working and negotiating with the public/customers, and co-workers - demonstrating your exceptional oral and written communicative skills.
- Demonstrate excellent time management and organizational skills while working under pressure and constant interruptions.
- Freedom and healthy work-life balance– Health, Dental, Vision Insurance, HSA/FSA, Commuter Benefits – starting Day 1!
- Each team member is accountable for making decisions, solving problems, and taking actions contributing to long-term impact and financial success.
- We do the right thing. We stand for green innovations and meaningful solutions with an impact on customers, ecosystem partners, society, and the environment.
- We are front-runners in digitalization and building platforms. Therefore, we are hiring ambitious forward-thinkers who want to have a real impact.
- Solve the world's most significant problems – Be part of exciting and innovative projects.
- Opportunities to contribute your innovative ideas and get paid for them. Take advantage of our Tuition Reimbursement program, Mentor Programs, and your development through online learning.
- Employee perks and discounts in addition to our 401k match and generous Paid Time Off
Siemens offers a variety of health and wellness benefits to employees. Details regarding our benefits can be found here: https://www.benefitsquickstart.com/siemens/index.html. The base salary range for this position in Pittsburgh, PA, Louisville, KY, or Jacksonville, FL, is $138,100 - $236,800. This is a commission-based sales role with a sales incentive target of 30% of the base salary. The actual compensation offered may be lower or higher depending on the budget and the candidate's experience, knowledge, skills, and qualifications.
While we appreciate all applications, we advise that only candidates under consideration will be contacted.
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: Siemens Mobility, Inc
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Full / Part time: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.