How can you help us craft the future as a Switchboard Electrical Tester/Inspector?
We're looking for dedicated people with the skills and vision to build a better tomorrow by joining our manufacturing team! You will perform electrical, application and mechanical testing on power distribution products at 600V or less (Low Voltage Switchboards). Maintain quality of highly custom and complex electro-mechanical products!
What are the responsibilities?
- Electrically test and inspect Low Voltage Switchboards to applicable regulatory standards (UL 891, IEEE, etc).
- Use digital multi-meter and electrical theory to verify test values and circuit design to ensure proper wiring and operation.
- Utilize dielectric testers, custom electrical test cart, hand tools and various other tools to aid in testing.
- Use specialized software via laptop for testing/inspecting when required (Siemens WinPM, Step 7, MicroWin, WinCC Flexible, SAP).
- Inspect assembled product for conformance to engineering drawings and quality standards.
- Perform in-process and final assembly visual, mechanical and detailed electrical inspection/testing of product.
- Maintain and input records or reports related to testing/inspecting activities.
- Document and distribute inspection results.
- Identify material as non-conforming (as applicable), initiate NCR process and insure product is not released until nonconformance is corrected.
- Assist Mfg setup and confirm correct assembly line process, i.e. - correct parts, tools, methods and sequence.
- Serve as a training resource for final assembly of product.
- Perform Initial Sample Inspection at startup/changeover of new/revised product assemblies.
- Assist in RGA process.
- Performs other work as directed by Supervision.
What knowledge/skills, education, and experience is required for this position?
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- 5 years or more in capacity of engineering, test or quality functions for power distribution equipment.
- Experienced in electrical wiring processes, methods and industry wiring standards (JIC standards)..
- Quality auditing and inspection experience (mechanical and electrical inspection).
- Experienced with drawing/blueprint reading, elevation drawings and Bills of Materials.
- Familiarity with sheet-metal and busbar fabrication and assembly.
- Use of precision measuring instruments (calipers, micrometers, scales, torque wrenches).
- Knowledge of power distribution components (circuit breakers, relays, surge suppression, communicating devices) is required.
- Demonstrated ability in reading, interpreting, revising and documenting electrical wiring schematics for commercial/industrial products.
- Must be able to reach, grasp, lift 50 lbs , and push/pull/slide heavy material
- Must be able to make coordinated movements of the hands and arms to grasp and move objects.
- Must be able to stoop, bend, squat, crawl, and climb
What other skills/experience and/or education would assist you in this role?
- Knowledge of prevailing codes (UL 1558, UL 891, UL 508) is preferred.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Full / Part time: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.