At Stryker we are dedicated to improving lives, with a passion for researching and developing new medical device products. As an engineer at Stryker, you will be proud of the work that you will be doing, using cutting-edge technologies to make healthcare better. Here, you will work in a supportive culture with other incredibly talented and intelligent people, creating industry-leading medical technology products. You will also have growth opportunities as we have a culture that supports your personal and professional development.
Need another reason to apply? Check out these 8 reasons to join Stryker's engineering team: https://www.strykercareersblog.com/post/8-reasons-to-join-strykers-engineering-team
We are proud to be named one of the World’s Best Workplaces and a Best Workplace for Diversity by Fortune Magazine! Learn more about our award-winning organization by visiting stryker.com
Our benefits include bonuses; commissions; healthcare; insurance benefits; retirement programs; stock based plans; family and parenting leaves; tuition reimbursement; wellness programs; onsite fitness centers and cafeterias; discount purchase programs; and service and performance awards – not to mention various social and recreational activities.
Who We Want
- Collaborative partners. People who build and leverage cross-functional relationships to bring together ideas, data and insights to drive continuous improvement in functions.
- Analytical problem solvers. People who go beyond just fixing to identify root causes, evaluate optimal solutions, and recommend comprehensive upgrades to prevent future issues.
- Curious learners. People who seek out cutting-edge research and information to expand and enhance their ability to be ready for what’s next.
What You Will Do
You will be joining Stryker Endoscopy’s Test team. We partner closely with the design team to experiment with early prototypes and vet out product designs throughout the design process. What this really means, is we get to be the Mythbusters of our division. Just like the show, we quickly design and build fixtures to simulate real life situations. This experimentation is mission critical so we find the issues when we can solve them and prevent them from impacting our customers and ultimately patients. You will directly be making healthcare better.
In addition to this hands-on experimentation, you will also be responsible for design verification for a subset of the product: from creating initial test plans through test reports that are included in regulatory submissions. Communication and coordination are essential skills as you will share and/or coordinate samples, test execution, test results, and timelines with a cross-functional project team. Examples of types of testing you may be designing and performing are: electrical reliability, in-rush current, ESD, latency, HALT, test automation with robotics and software scripting, black box software, white box software, etc.
In addition to your project team, you will be a part of Endoscopy’s R&D Test team. We are a diverse, close-knit team of twenty-five engineers, specialists, and managers. Our experience ranges from <1 year to 35+ with technical specialties including sterilization reliability, mechanical, electrical, software, and optics. We are often described as hard-working, analytical, and collaborative by our cross-functional partners. If this sounds like you and you have the magic ability to break things – we want you!
Medical Device Engineer Program
You will additionally be an integral part of our Medical Device Engineer (MDE) Program. As part of this program, you will experience other engineering roles within New Product Development which includes Design, Systems, Test, Advanced Quality, and Advanced Operations. This engaging opportunity allows you to explore different functions early in your career with support from multiple mentors. Hands-on cross-functional experience will develop your leadership and technical skills, expand your network, and ultimately make you a better engineer.
What You Will Need
- Bachelor’s degree (B.S.) in Electrical, Computer, or Biomedical Engineering, or equivalent
- Demonstrated electrical engineering problem-solving skills
- Familiarity with common electrical test methods and equipment
- Excellent analytical, problem-solving, and communication skills
- Exhibit initiative, dependability, independence, motivation, and be detail-oriented
- Test engineering experience in a regulated industry, preferably medical device industry
- Ability to build collaborative relationships quickly
- Strong technical writing skills
- Automation or scripting experience: preferably LabView, python, and/or Arduino
- Familiarity with common software test principles and methodologies (Agile, Waterfall, black box, white box, gray box, etc.)
Stryker is one of the world’s leading medical technology companies and, together with our customers, is driven to make healthcare better.
The company offers innovative products and services in Medical and Surgical, Neurotechnology, Orthopedics, and Spine that help improve patient and healthcare outcomes. Alongside its customers around the world, Stryker impacts more than 100 million patients annually.
More information is available at stryker.com