This position will be added to the Building Management System Operation Center (BMSOC) to support AT&T Corporate Real Estate for HVAC controls of building automation systems.
Specialist I / Technician – This position will provide support to customers by investigating HVAC mechanical and automation issues. Able to troubleshoot and resolve HVAC mechanical, automation, and alarm data issues via multiple automation applications. Document information on work order tickets with trouble resolutions or dispatching field technicians when required. Serve as a support liaison for HVAC mechanical and control technicians.
What you will do for Siemens Smart Infrastructure:
This position participates in the installation, startup, and commissioning of building automation system equipment that has been newly installed. The objectives of building automation are improved occupant comfort, efficient operation of building systems, reduction in energy consumption and operating costs, and improved life cycle of utilities. You will support the verification of the system database and programming, ensuring consistency with the scope of work and sequence of operations.
- Setup and analyze automation reports. Working knowledge of HVAC mechanical functionalities, temperature controls, and energy management concepts.· Knowledge of building automation systems. Experience with analytical problem solving and decision-making skills. Setup and analyze automation reports. Work and coordinate with external field personnel. Work independently, as a stand-alone position or within a dedicated team.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- Ability to troubleshoot and resolve HVAC mechanical, control systems, and sequences of operation issues.
- Able to read and follow schematics and control programming logic.
- Computer skills a must - Microsoft Office (Word, Email, Excel, & Outlook).
- Remote troubleshooting skills.
- Able to work flexible hours.
- High school diploma, GED, or state recognized high school proficiency exam.
- Qualified applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States.
- Individual must possess a valid Driver’s license in good standing.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Good verbal and written communications skills.
- Candidates will need to be self-sufficient and motivated.
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- AS Degree in an Electrical or Mechanical discipline.
- Tele-Conferencing (SKPYE, Q, WEBX, etc.).
- Control applications a plus
- Competitive salary based on qualifications
- Health, dental, and vision plans with options
- Matching 401(k)
- Competitive paid time off plan, holidays, and floating holidays
- Paid parental leave
- Company cell phone and laptop
- Extensive product training and professional career development
- Education and tuition reimbursement programs available
- Overtime, on-call pay, and company uniform and vehicle for eligible positions
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, domestic partner status, disability, weight, height or AIDS/HIV status, protected veteran or military status, other categories protected by federal, state, or local law, and regardless of whether the qualified applicants are individuals with disabilities.
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Full / Part time: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.