From digitalization to electrification and automation, Siemens is changing the world you live in and the places you work. Being part of our company lets you solve complex challenges, every day. Our people help to move the world forward. We are 311,000 innovators creating a new vision for the next generation.
Siemens is looking at expanding the network of Solution Partners in the US. Solution Partners are Siemens certified companies in the US machine tool industry who apply Siemens CNC technology as added value to existing / new CNC machines, e.g. retrofits, additional axis, rotary tables, auxiliary modules, and other hardware and software options. Solution Partners service customers in the industry where Siemens doesn’t have sufficient local resources and relationships to engage.
Siemens Industry – Machine Tool Systems Segment is searching for a Solution Partner Manager for the US, interfacing with 3rd party companies who are already part of the Siemens Solution Partner program, or who are interested in becoming a Solution Partner.
This is a key role within the Machine Tool Systems segment for our continued success. The main task is to provide excellent support for this specific customer group and to grow the business by developing new additional Solution Partners. The goal is establishing Siemens as a major player in this customer group and driving preference for Siemens technology.
Reporting to the Business Development Manager within the Siemens Machine Tool Business, we are looking for a highly motivated, successful, future focused individual with diverse background in Manufacturing, CNC machine tools, CNC control systems (hardware & software) and Automation technology.
The ideal candidate is a true team player, has excellent communication skills, will be a curious, self-driven individual open to new ways of conducting business in a rapidly changing business environment. The long-term success of Siemens originates from hard work as a team across a matrix organization, passion for Siemens’ advanced technology offerings and deeply caring for our customers success.
This position has great exposure to our management in the US and to our headquarters in Europe, and thus provides excellent opportunities for talents with career aspirations within Siemens domestically and globally.
Siemens has fully adopted to the new way of working. This position will provide a great balance of working remotely and occasionally spending time in some of the Siemens’ offices. Travel is estimated at 50%-60%.
- Apply the Global Siemens Solution Partner Program to the US market, aligned with Siemens Corporate business strategy
- Develop strategic account plans to ensure achievement of set business goals
- If necessary, suggest US specific modifications to maximize the success of the program.
- Manage existing Solution Partners in terms of e.g. education on program changes, pipeline planning, facilitate product trainings, monitor certification status, provide opportunity support, connecting them with Siemens technology experts
- Extend the program to new potential partners in markets / technology areas with great potential to increase Siemens market share
- Team up with other Siemens departments to ensure the highest level of support for the Solution Partners
- Report business status to Siemens US Management and Siemens headquarters
Required Knowledge, Skills, Education, and Experience:
- 6+ years total work experience in the CNC Machine Tool business
- At least 3 years of business development experience in Industrial Manufacturing with track record of successes and performance
- Great communication-, stakeholder and relationship management skills
- Working in a matrix team environment
- Entrepreneurial thinking and follow through in developing new opportunities
- High level of self-driven decision-making abilities guided by set business targets
- Technical / business degree or equivalent experience
- Core Industrial automation experience, especially motion control
- Excellent communication & presentation Skills across all levels of a customer organization
- Individual must possess a valid driver’s license in good standing
- Travel: 50%-60%
Preferred Knowledge, Skills, Education, and Experience:
- A solid understanding of CNC control systems
- Strong network in US machine building industry
- B.Sc. or M.Sc. in Engineering preferred
- Executive Level Engagement
- Complex system selling / value selling
What you will receive:
• Long-term career options!
• Competitive base salary with incentive bonus plan based on a set of KPI’s
• New way of working: working remotely where applicable widely accepted across Siemens globally
• Medical/Prescription/Dental/Vision/Life Insurance
• 401K Retirement Savings Plan with 6% match
• Short & long-term disability insurance
• Six weeks paid parental leave for parents
• Flexible paid time-off policy
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Full / Part time: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.